Arrma Outcast V4 6S Front Wheel Position

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodrush

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
I currently have my front wheels alignment outward a bit, watching videos on YouTube states this setup allows quicker response on turning.

What do you all recommend on outcast 6s wheels facing straight, inward or outward for wheel allignment?

Having them toe'd in makes them more twitchy, especially on high bite surfaces. By that I mean, a little steering input causes a hard/quick turn. It's more noticeable on smaller trucks. My stampede on 3S is a pain to drive if I don't toe out the front tires a bit. It's not nearly as noticeable on my outcast as I run it almost with zero toe, the same on my revo's and savages.

@Bloodrush
BBC50F59-2538-49AC-ACDE-CD5608F82557.png

That's very informative, would this be the same theory for a 2 & 4 wheel drive
Yes it should be. I have found it to be accurate. Contrary slightly to the setup sheet I tried a bit of toe in and found that it increases stability in a straight line but when turning the car feels like it doesn't want to turn then will suddenly turn and you will get snap oversteer which is difficult to correct due to the laziness which seems inherent with toe in.

I run about 2 degrees toe out on my Tekno and about 1-1.5 out on my Slash 2WD road car.

Also make sure that both steering turnbuckles are the same length. A digital caliper is ideal for this.

I found toe in helpful on my very loose handling 2wd short course. Never seen front toe in on a 4wd...

Wow... that's like the exact opposite of my experience. LOL!
Toe in
- easier to drive
- less twitchy

Toe out
- less stable
- harder to drive

In my experience back to my go-kart days..

Front toe out
- twitchy in straight line
- superb cornering

Front toe in
- stable in straight line
- less precise cornering

But.. It wasnt all just front toe back than.. Rear toe also came into play.. We tried lots of setups.. Each track needed specific changes..

I run my Typhon with just a tad bit outwards toe.. About 1/4 to 1/3 it came setup stock

Yes it should be. I have found it to be accurate. Contrary slightly to the setup sheet I tried a bit of toe in and found that it increases stability in a straight line but when turning the car feels like it doesn't want to turn then will suddenly turn and you will get snap oversteer which is difficult to correct due to the laziness which seems inherent with toe in.

I run about 2 degrees toe out on my Tekno and about 1-1.5 out on my Slash 2WD road car.

Also make sure that both steering turnbuckles are the same length. A digital caliper is ideal for this.
Thank you, I'll give that a try.

Toe in or neutral is good for high speed and acceleration.
Toe out is what people use for track cars because you win in the turns and most tracks don't have long straights for speed.

Too much toe out and it will be scary to drive. Most of the time we are talking about 2 degrees with is pretty difficult to see. Measurement tools are the best way to get it right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back