Arrma senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juggla09

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Still new to the rc world, I have several crawlers but decide to try rcs with actual speed. I bought the redcat blackout last year and love it. A friend talked me into the senton and I picked the 3s to learn with. Any tips on tuning or upgrading would be GREATLY appreciated but I need recommendations for good tires, I've herd the stock 1s will shreed easily and I'd like to get a good set so I can go ahead and see how much torture the stock 1s will handle.

Can any1 share what tires they use for bashing?

Still new to the rc world, I have several crawlers but decide to try rcs with actual speed. I bought the redcat blackout last year and love it. A friend talked me into the senton and I picked the 3s to learn with. Any tips on tuning or upgrading would be GREATLY appreciated but I need recommendations for good tires, I've herd the stock 1s will shreed easily and I'd like to get a good set so I can go ahead and see how much torture the stock 1s will handle.

Can any1 share what tires they use for bashing?
Just drive it as is, and learn to drive what you got there.
Decide for yourself if the tires are any good and will "shred apart". Your mileage may vary.

Although the stock Senton tires are a little soft, if you stay off pavement they will last a long time. I shredded 4 within first month of ownership due to sharp turning on the gas and wheel wells slicing them. Strategic triming of the wells will eliminate this issue.

I had a bunch of high powered sentons at 1 time..I couldn't keep tires on them..I found running 1/8buggy wheels held up best but requires switching to 17mm hexs..now powerhobby makes belted set tires an I believe they have 14mm ones too..haven't ever tried them thou..senton have smallest diameter tires of the 3s lineup so they use 20t pinion to compensate for tire Dia. So senton tires spin the fastest,destroyed 100s $ worth tires on my high powered sentons.probly into 1000s $$$ honestly

20201102_191435.jpg

20200419_144106.jpg

20201021_214401.jpg

20201115_143749.jpg

For tires, my stock ones broke very soon due to shredding too much on asphalt. I got Proline Badlands SC tires, these are pretty good but I needed to glue them back on the rims one time. For other upgrades, I got a new full metal servo from Amewi because the stock one broke. I also changed the stock steering linkage and the linkage at the front and rear due to wiggling wheels. I put a picture down on that thread where you can take a look at the inside of my truck. I’m currently waiting on a package with new aluminum wheel hubs, RPM suspension arms and a new aluminum servo saver because my stock one broke too. I’ll try them and tell you how they are.

IMG_1383.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back