Senton Arrma Senton Mega Brushed upgrade questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GranBash

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
I bought the boy a Senton Brushed and I want him to start learning to control it as he's only run a small 1/28 car before.. We only run it on pavement and grass for right now, but the tires that it came with seem to slip on the pavement quite a bit and then he cranks it too far, even with 4WD, and he rolls it. Would it be better to try to teach him on 2WD on pavement or swapping to street tires instead of the mud tires? I also just bought a used 2050kv motor for when he steps up. Can I run it with the same ESC?

Turn the steering D/R down some this will reduce the turning radius. Kids and most people starting out will have a tendency to all or nothing control with the steering wheel. Get a radio with a gyro like one from DumboRC for a cheap price I would look at getting away from using the STX2 anyways. Without throttle and steering control different tires still won't help much.

You can't use a brushless motor with a brushed (2 wire) esc you need a brushless (3 motor wire) esc.

You can also reduce traction rolls by lowering the truck. Take out any preload bands from the shocks. You can also lower it by inserting a short piece of rubber tubing inside the shock on the shaft between the bottom shock body and the piston. This will effectively limit the shock travel and make it look slammed, depending on how long a piece of tubing you use.

I bought the boy a Senton Brushed and I want him to start learning to control it as he's only run a small 1/28 car before.. We only run it on pavement and grass for right now, but the tires that it came with seem to slip on the pavement quite a bit and then he cranks it too far, even with 4WD, and he rolls it. Would it be better to try to teach him on 2WD on pavement or swapping to street tires instead of the mud tires? I also just bought a used 2050kv motor for when he steps up. Can I run it with the same ESC?
The tires do slip a bit, but that's part of learning to control the truck. Every stock vehicle pretty much does that. Duratrax sells a great Bandito street tire which should take care of the issue.

As far as brushless goes, the spur, planetary, and diff gears are not strong enough to stand up to that. I run 3600 kv in mine now, but that was after quite a few gearbox and motor mount mods. If you go that route hobbywing make a good entry level brushless motor (ez run). In the end though it might be cheaper to graduate to the 3S rigs rather than upgrading the Senton Mega.

Whatever you decide we are here to help.

Totes ma goats, I did try the new Esc/motor and it rips in the stock drivetrain. Taking that I only have the little dude running a 2s and I keep him at the max of 75% throttle, he handles it well, better at 50% but he enjoys wheelies. As for the tires, i kept the stock and keep him to more dirt/gravel than grass/pavement. When it starts blowing parts away, I'll prolly need a suggested replacement list from you boys but it does run. We have a planned trip up to the local bmx track so I'll take some shots and let you know how it goes.

How's yours looking now?

Attachments

• 20200124_121253.jpg
    20200124_121253.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 56
Pieces. When i drilled the stock 48p pinion gear out to fit the 0.8 shaft on the new motor, i don't think there was enough meat left for the set screw to grab and the gear mesh was off a little bit. Might not have been perfect. During the third run, stripped out the spur so i ordered him a new motor mount, new 17t pinion with the metal 57t spur setup. Do you guys think the 17/57 will be too much, should i try the 13t first? I do love how easy this car comes apart though.

Pieces. When i drilled the stock 48p pinion gear out to fit the 0.8 shaft on the new motor, i don't think there was enough meat left for the set screw to grab and the gear mesh was off a little bit. Might not have been perfect. During the third run, stripped out the spur so i ordered him a new motor mount, new 17t pinion with the metal 57t spur setup. Do you guys think the 17/57 will be too much, should i try the 13t first? I do love how easy this car comes apart though.

I figured that the spur would fail quickly under lipo power. The 17t pinion is fine if you are running the stock tires on 2S or 3S. On 3S if you upgrade the tires to MT sizes it can run a bit hot. Also, I think lipo power probably had more to do with the stock spurs destruction. It just can't hack it. You might want to go ahead and get the HD input gear as well. That will likely be the next to go. The power upgrade always finds the weakest link. After that you are probably good. Happy Bashing!

What exact motor are you using (size and kv)? Do you have the adjustable mount or the fixed hole mount (pre-drilled fixed pinion size holes)? 2s lipo or 3s lipo? Did you already get the 17t HD input?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back