Arrma Shock Boot Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Does this look like the same part?

IMG_2623.jpeg
IMG_2625.jpeg
IMG_2624.jpeg

I just replaced the shock boot on my Arrma Kraton 6S V5, the part number for what I needed was AR330199 according to the exploded diagram view.

The damaged part that I removed (on the left) does not look like the replacement (on the right).

I know I ordered and received the right part.

IMG_2626.jpeg

Those are different boots. I would contact the place you purchased them from and confirm they sent you the right part.

Perhaps, you could have some custom ones printed..

Those are discontinued and were replaced by the “right ones”

View attachment 315545

Okay if the shock boot on the right is discontinued in the OP pic, and the damaged and dirty shock boot is the one they removed from their V5 Kraton shock, then why were they sent the discontinued part? 😂

Okay if the shock boot on the right is discontinued in the OP pic, and the damaged and dirty shock boot is the one they removed from their V5 Kraton shock, then why were they sent the discontinued part? 😂
Because the Arrma manuals are full of so many errors.

So the ARA330785 (40mm) ones would be the updated right ones for my front shock boots?
Yes. Measure the old one and tell me what the measurement is. If even 40mm is a bit longer it shouldn't matter
Man im no way near that level of skill lol. All i know is how to build on planes and datum planes, rotary stuff and multiplying stuff. Beyond that like making threads and odd weird shapes i have no idea

😂 I’d ask how but I’m not sure I wanna kno
It varies from model to model. The exploded views have incorrect part numbers and even the wrong part in the picture.

I don't replace mine there far too expensive for what they are and never had any problems with the shocks

I am not even sure why Arrma puts them on there, they should just include mud-guards for the rear arms instead of those things on all 4 corners. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arrma seemed to sell the "open bottom" ones for a year and now they are back to the old style.

You can still use the ones you've got, they just have a different style of mounting, instead of resting on the shaft, those are meant to be mounted on the lower rod-end. use some shock oil on the rod end and slide it into the boot like a sock, then mount the spring perch onto the boot to hold it.. it's like Kyosho does on their shocks. It's easy to year the boots so do it gently.

You can see an example here:

Yes. Measure the old one and tell me what the measurement is. If even 40mm is a bit longer it shouldn't matter

Man im no way near that level of skill lol. All i know is how to build on planes and datum planes, rotary stuff and multiplying stuff. Beyond that like making threads and odd weird shapes i have no idea
Damaged one I pulled out is 45mm, replacement that I put in is 55mm. The package for the 55mm replacement says 36.6mm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back