Typhon Arrma Typhon 3s upgraded shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R/C Guy 386

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
My aftermarket shocks that ordered on eBay finally arrived today they are actually really fast and man when they got here I was totally surprised I've ordered some aftermarket shocks before and they were nice but these are worth the money you have to add oil to him they don't come pre oiled but I went ahead and put some oil in them mounted them and adjusted the rear and it keeps it from Wheeling like awesome so if you're looking for a not too expensive upgrade there about 40 bucks on eBay.

Attachments

• 20200319_172943_HDR.jpg
    20200319_172943_HDR.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 196
I prefer that upgrade shocks come unfilled. Prefilled shocks don't publish the actual cst's. I always rebuild them anyway and use my own oil. So I have my own reference cst for tuning. They look really nice with those variable rate springs.(y):cool:

Nice. I just ordered those last night. They’re going on a truggified Typhon. What weight oil did you go with?

I just got the exact same shocks and put 30wt oil. Testing tomorrow...should be good for onroad....if using offroad with any kind of jumps will def want heavier oil.

I just got the exact same shocks and put 30wt oil. Testing tomorrow...should be good for onroad....if using offroad with any kind of jumps will def want heavier oil.
Awesome, let us know how they work. Were they plug n play or did u have to use any aftermarket bushings/pivot balls?

I have a set of these ebay shocks and they aren’t terrible. The springs are soft, but since they are longer than stock, it makes up for the softness. However they are skinnier than stock too. Overall, I much prefer the 6S shocks, but they are hard to find, so these are probably better than leaky 3S shocks.

Awesome, let us know how they work. Were they plug n play or did u have to use any aftermarket bushings/pivot balls?

They are plug and play...there is a little slop with the top mount (not snug)...could use a bushing or fuel tubing on screw that goes into top shock mount. As stated the springs are soft...could probably swap with stock spring....however I just left everything as is. I plan to keep the buggy onroad...so I like that it seats low....but would need to make some mods if you plan to jump or send it.

They are plug and play...there is a little slop with the top mount (not snug)...could use a bushing or fuel tubing on screw that goes into top shock mount. As stated the springs are soft...could probably swap with stock spring....however I just left everything as is. I plan to keep the buggy onroad...so I like that it seats low....but would need to make some mods if you plan to jump or send it.
Grab the Axial AXIC1356 bushings. They are a perfect fit ??

I have a set of these ebay shocks and they aren’t terrible. The springs are soft, but since they are longer than stock, it makes up for the softness. However they are skinnier than stock too. Overall, I much prefer the 6S shocks, but they are hard to find, so these are probably better than leaky 3S shocks.
All the good alternatives are going out of stock too it seems.

I tried out the shocks today with 30wt oil. Onroad handling was great...felt very confident with steering at high speed. For general bashing I would probably try 50wt. Not sure how good shocks would be if planning on doing high jumps...or launching at skate park since springs are soft.

Tip: spray wd40 on shock body to make adjustments easier for spring height.

I have these eBay shocks on my Typhon 3s as well. Have about 6 packs through them and I am actually very surprised how good they are. Had them on dirt, grass and street. Played around with oil weights and ended up with 60 in both front and rear. Pushed the ride height up and agree with the comment that oil on the shock body helps as they are tough to adjust. Springs are softer and she squats under heavy braking on street but overall handles great. 6s shocks are indeed hard to find and too expensive so don’t hesitate with these. I used the stock pivot balls off a broken stock shock and sanded to fit to take up slop in tops. Now they fit like a glove. Honestly think with just a bit stiffer springs these would be a bit better but with some
adjustment I am happy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back