Arrma Typhon Mega V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rarrma808

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Recently purchased a Typhon Mega V3. Wondering if anyone knows of a manufacturer that produces an aluminum center slider drive shaft. If anyone knows please share.
Thanks

There's a post somewhere about people who have mucked them up themselves, AFAIK there isn't one manufa tired by a third party at the moment. Not sure a great idea though:

1) you'd be adding a lot of weight to the drive train, stressing the motor and slowing the car down;
2) bad front end collisions transfer force down the centre shafts. I've done this twice where, with the standard driveshaft, this has been enought to bend the motormount. Suspect aluminium might make this way worse; and
3) there are no issues with longevity. Mine been in regular use over a year and still going strong.

Thanks for the response. I can see the concern of an aluminum driveshaft adding weight and stress throughout the drivetrain. If I recall correctly, other RC manufacturers have similar drive lines that run a aluminum center driveshaft and have no issues with overloading drivetrain. Just wanted to know if there is an aluminum option for center slider drvieshaft that's all.

Thanks for the response. I can see the concern of an aluminum driveshaft adding weight and stress throughout the drivetrain. If I recall correctly, other RC manufacturers have similar drive lines that run a aluminum center driveshaft and have no issues with overloading drivetrain. Just wanted to know if there is an aluminum option for center slider drvieshaft that's all.
Fair play dude. Not AFAIK.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back