Vorteks Arrma Vorteks boost question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lethalcobra2k3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Vorteks
I have the stock esc and motor out of a 3s BLX, can I just buy the $169 Vorteks 4x2, install my motor and esc and add the $80 4x4 upgrade from ebay or will I just shred the gears from the 4x2?

I recently did the the same thing to my Typhon mega. I'm not sure about the Vorteks 4x2 but I had to buy a spur gear case as the mega case would not work with the BLX motor, and while you are doing that make sure you upgrade to a metal spur gear the plastic will not last any time at all. You might want to look on ebay for a
4x4 Vorteks roller and see the price difference. Good luck with your endeavors.

I recently did the the same thing to my Typhon mega. I'm not sure about the Vorteks 4x2 but I had to buy a spur gear case as the mega case would not work with the BLX motor, and while you are doing that make sure you upgrade to a metal spur gear the plastic will not last any time at all. You might want to look on ebay for a
I tried but they are trying to get $200 and it has no tires. Im not sure why people are trying to get $115 for a vorteks with no body, tires, electronics or gear case. The prices are ridiculous

I recently tried to price out a roller, it was over $200 and it was called a slider as it had no tires. So if I bought this “slider” I need tires, motor, esc, transmitter, receiver and servo. If I buy the 4x2 and blx parts I need from Jennys its about identical to the slider so I guess its no different than just buying a new 3s vorteks from Horizon. Now I see I can buy a granite 3s for only $259 so I think Im scrapping buying a third vorteks for now 😂

Back