Back yard track.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet that 1/5th scale track would be awesome for 1/8 buggies or 1/10 Short Course rigs. Looks like a LOT of fun.
It was a free, bring what you have good time. Had some folks show with some 8th and 10th scale on occasion. They could really whip around the track. Much faster than the gassers. Ran separately though as the gassers were very heavy and would destroy anything in there way...lol. Had to insist all 5th scale had auto kill switches to avoid runaways. Seen some scary runaways!

Last edited:
Do you have any pics you could share?
I'll try and take some. I did last summer but being amongst the trees with the sun shining through they don't really show well. I've got some vids too. I'll try and upload to YT and share.
It's really quite small, which is why I typically don't do much as far as power upgrades to my rigs. Just don't need it.
It was a free, bring what you have good time. Had some folks show with some 8th and 10th scale on occasion. They could really whip around the track. Much faster than the gassers. Ran separately though as the gassers were very heavy and would destroy anything in there way...lol. Had to insist all 5th scale had auto kill switches to avoid runaways. Seen some scary runaways!
Fail safes sounds like a must with such rigs. Good thinking. A 40-50mph runaway 30+lb rc just sounds sketchy, LOL. That track sure does look like it could accommodate some high speed rc's. Mine is like a quarter or third that size. Can't really open a 3s 1/10 fully at my track. I've got work to do!!😁🍻

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back