Notorious Backflip LPs vs 3.8 copperheads vs Backflip 3.8 for Notorious 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee82gx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
Per title. Assuming price the same, which would perform better for mild jumps and backflipping?

I rounded the hex on one of my 3.8 Backflip tyres and I’m considering to buy a new pair to replace one tyre or a whole new set of backflip LPs or a new set of copperhead Kraton tyres. For now I’ve repaired the wheel with a lengthened 2.5mm cross shaft and a dreamed slot. Wondering how long it will last.

Somehow the backflip 6s tyres are the most expensive, followed by copperhead and LP tyres being same priced.

What say the collective?

I've been looking into this exact thing tonight. From what I understand the 4s handle better. Lighter tire so less balloning. Less air control though.

Lp Air control is not as touchy as the standard backflip.. I'm not so sure I would say less air control...I prefer the slower reaction the LP's provide.. we all know how those outcast/ noto chassis's flick around in the air, and at times you end up with the seesaw effect when trying to get them leveled off..

They are also much easier on the chassis components, not as much leverage and mass applied to the arm's and such..

My vote will always be the LP's, and if you want them to look real good use the LP's on the kraton rims.. killer looking combo.. 😎

just get the backflip 6s ones there brilliant and expensive 😐 the backflip lps come of the rim too easy on 6s

Lp Air control is not as touchy as the standard backflip.. I'm not so sure I would say less air control...I prefer the slower reaction the LP's provide.. we all know how those outcast/ noto chassis's flick around in the air, and at times you end up with the seesaw effect when trying to get them leveled off..

They are also much easier on the chassis components, not as much leverage and mass applied to the arm's and such..

My vote will always be the LP's, and if you want them to look real good use the LP's on the kraton rims.. killer looking combo.. 😎

Solid points.
I havnt seen any on the kraton wheels yet. Have you got any pics of this?

Backflips LP.
First you hear a flapping sound, then bits of rubber start flying through the air. That's been my experience.
What gearing and motor were you using? I even use the Copperhead 2 lp on my K6S XL with 25t gearing Max 6 and 1650KV 4985 motor. I've only torn one of those tires once showing off. Now I'm just a bit more careful with the throttle and sometimes I forget. But they have been holding up so far. I would also use the smaller proline 3.8 tires too on that rig. Those are pretty good too and about the same size as the LP, but more durable. I just don't like having diff issues with giant tires like the big backflips. I do use EXB diffs on both my 6s Arrmas, and I've had no issues so far with the smaller tires and all the that power on 6s 👍

just get the backflip 6s ones there brilliant and expensive 😐 the backflip lps come of the rim too easy on 6s

You have to glue them yourself, this is why I mentioned mounting them on the nicer kraton rims.. 👍

RC JUN 152mm backflips 🐐 1️⃣

IMG_2376.jpeg

You have to glue them yourself, this is why I mentioned mounting them on the nicer kraton rims.. 👍
love the backflip lp run them on my talions on 6s really good tyres just don't think there as good as the 6s ones cause they seem to come off the rims more often. not had any of the copperhead 2 lps yet but would love to try them at some point (y)

Back