Senton Bad Luck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esowins

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Anyone else having bad luck with their Senton? I have the 3S and ive already replaced all these parts as they have broken:

Front bumper with tbone (Couldnt find any replacements)
Rear bumper with tbone (Couldnt find any replacements)
Shocks (aftermarket as the factory leaked)
Body Mounts (broke day 1 when I rolled it over in the yard)
Wheel Axle (Bent from some end over end bumps in the yard)

I've only drove it 3 times and on flat surfaces like the driveway, and mainly front lawn. Its been about 40-50 degrees when driving it. Is this all cause its cold? I haven't even done any jumps with it!! I bought Arrma cause i watched videos of people launching these things from huge ramps, and mine wont even survive a roll over in the front lawn :(

Sorry for venting but with breaking these parts and then no hobby stores or heck even online stores having replacement parts i've had to spend a lot more upgrading to more expensive replacements.

Curious if anyone else has had this kinda luck....

I put a super cheap goolrc 3s system in a Senton mega & handed it to my niece with a 2s lipo. Within 5 mins she busted the front bumper, both front shocks, front body mount, & a front axle. She was jumping it off a small skateboard ramp & a few nosedives did it in. I let her at my 6s V2 Senton with a single 3s lipo while I surveyed the damage & it took all she could throw at it - & it was completely bone stock. The kids are use to my 6s Typhons & Senton since they are bomb proof so getting them use to the 4x4s was easier said than done to say the least.

I get a laugh every time I watch this, the drive back up past the jump is almost as enjoyable as the jump. and @1:00 ouch...
It don't think it was driver error. I swear I saw the ramp move @bicketybam. Might have been that gopher from Caddyshack. Time to get out the T'N'T!

Front bumper and on my 3rd t-bone bumper support.

2 wheel axles on a Senton mega because the wheel was loose.

Done some serious jumps with both. 40ft jumps 5 6 feet on the air easy. Trucks seem very durable.

Could be the cold. You had to have hit something, cartwheeled or something...

Arrmas plastic seems to be hit or miss as far as quality goes in my own experience and I have seen some others notice this as well.
My original rod ends on my Outcast would constantly pop off the steering rack pretty much from the day I got it, and they only got worse, then I finally changed them back in June and they have not popped off since. I've had body posts break after two runs and I've had body posts last almost a year. My front front and front rear plastic suspension mounts and the front lower aluminum hinge pin retainers are still the factory installed parts, both rears have been replaced three times and the front upper twice. One of my factory front axle carriers split right at the edge of the pillow ball support, the other side was replaced only because the numbnuts putting together my Outcast crossthreaded one of the pillow ball retainers.
My stock rear a arms did this after a week.

Last edited:
Seems strange. Could be a material issue, too much regrind or not purging the machine enough between material change but all the parts would come out of the same mold. If it was material, you might be able to feel or see a difference. That or if you cut it you can sometimes feel the difference in how much glass is in there.

Front bumper and on my 3rd t-bone bumper support.

2 wheel axles on a Senton mega because the wheel was loose.

Done some serious jumps with both. 40ft jumps 5 6 feet on the air easy. Trucks seem very durable.

Could be the cold. You had to have hit something, cartwheeled or something...
There were a few cartwheels from fast turning, but it just didn't look bad and wasn't like the huge jumps people have done with theirs. I was just kinda disappointed i guess. I watched all these attempts to break them and fails and then mine rolls around a little and half the truck was broke. I'll just stock up on replacements when they get back in stock!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back