Ballon head 4s Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny1202

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
Hi guys,

With out getting into the diffs what mods can be done to stop the front tires ballooning?

I’ve put an extra spacer on the rear springs but not sure it was enough to make a difference.

Any way let me know what you think.

🍻

Increase the center diff fluid. I would drop in 750k or 1mm weight. Spring spacers are not going to help other than the back end not sagging on power. Balooning might not look as bad but the power distribution is still the same. You could also go with a belted tire. Very real possibility that the center diff is low on fluid from the factory.
Working on the diffs is a pretty normal part of the hobby to dial in your rc.

Increase the center diff fluid. I would drop in 750k or 1mm weight. Spring spacers are not going to help other than the back end not sagging on power. Balooning might not look as bad but the power distribution is still the same. You could also go with a belted tire. Very real possibility that the center diff is low on fluid from the factory.
Working on the diffs is a pretty normal part of the hobby to dial in your rc.
Yeah I kinda thought this might be the case..

So let’s just say the diff is low on fluid and I topped it up would this cure the problem? Or would your recommend thicker fluid anyway?

What adverse effects does thicker centre diff fluid have on the rest of the car.

Thanks again 👍🏼

So let’s just say the diff is low on fluid and I topped it up would this cure the problem? Or would your recommend thicker fluid anyway?

What adverse effects does thicker centre diff fluid have on the rest of the car.

Thanks again 👍🏼
It's going to wheelie more, and might push more in the turns on a loose surface. Belted tires will take away the ballooning, but I'd definitely check all 3 diffs for proper fluid level.

Thanks again 👍🏼
Thicker diff fluid in the center will fix the ballooning. My 4s don’t have a center diff so it is somewhat locked.
Diff fluid typically on a well tuned 6s is 60k front 500k center and 30k rear. The 4s may need a little less
Like 40k 300k and 20k. If you put in aluminum diff yokes while you’re in there you may not have to be in there for a long time. The metal gears in the 4s are pretty damn tough. Nice truck.

Thanks for the reply guys, I think I’ll check the fluids and probably stick to the stock fluids for now while I’m getting used to it.

I’ll check out belted tires as well but I’m having more issues with shocks at the moment 😅

FA6183EE-2B47-4933-9276-0F6D811D1D81.jpeg

Can anyone confirm stock diff fluids for the 4s blx Kraton please 😎

Tia

I believe 10k front & rear.
I normally bump up the front a little. Somehting like 30-750-15 is what I would run.

Cheers bro. So if I were to up the center diff fluid to let’s say 1million to stop the ballooning is it normal to up the front and rear thickness as well?

Not necessary to help with balooning, just the center diff. Front and rear diffs are controlling power left and right. Think of conering where the one side of the car tires are rotating faster than the inside tires. Lets say you come down off a jump on power and land on a single tire. The power will quickly transfer to the other side if you have lighter fluid. Bumping up the front and rear slightly will buffer this action just a little while still giving you good handling. If you were running on a track you would want lighter fluid because hanling and cornering need to be very precise and the diff action needs to be very quick. I would update the center and leave the front and rear at 10k for now. After about a dozen packs service the front and rear diffs and update as you go. Hope this helps.

Cheers bro. So if I were to up the center diff fluid to let’s say 1million to stop the ballooning is it normal to up the front and rear thickness as well?
Thicker CD fluid will fix the front to rear power distribution, you're ballooning. Front and rear oil thickness will disperse the power side to side more evenly. Thicker front and rear fluids come at a cost too. You'll lose steering diameter, and the rear will tend to push you into corners. Many other things too that you won't really notice unless you're racing.

Look at what some of these guys are telling you to run. I'll give you an example. If you were racing it, your fluids from front to back would look like this: 7k-10k-3k

Bashing and breaking also includes experimenting to your own personal likes with fluids.

Spot on lads thanks, I’m gonna get some 10k to top up my front and rears and 1mill in the centre.

Thanks again for your time, much appreciated 🤟🏼

Back