Bashed too hard, need some part recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I built a ramp and took it to a local baseball field. Was having a great time with my Kraton 6s (newest version) but it was a bit hard to hit the ramp straight on and it landed on it's head a few times, on its side a couple of times, and took some punishment. As a result, I have a few parts that need....upgrades.

The bent front driveshaft I simply bent back into place, but if there is better out there, I'd be interested.

The rear shock tower is bent pretty good. I can try and pound it back, but figured I would check and see what was better while I had it off.

The poor wing mount is toast. Also broke the bolts holding it on. Any recommendations?

A good day bashing then.

20230416_163201.jpg

20230416_172910.jpg

20230416_172928.jpg

20230416_172942.jpg

So I built a ramp and took it to a local baseball field. Was having a great time with my Kraton 6s (newest version) but it was a bit hard to hit the ramp straight on and it landed on it's head a few times, on its side a couple of times, and took some punishment. As a result, I have a few parts that need....upgrades.

The bent front driveshaft I simply bent back into place, but if there is better out there, I'd be interested.

The rear shock tower is bent pretty good. I can try and pound it back, but figured I would check and see what was better while I had it off.

The poor wing mount is toast. Also broke the bolts holding it on. Any recommendations?

A good day bashing then.

View attachment 293393

View attachment 293394

View attachment 293395

View attachment 293396
M2c makes high quality upgrades of the driveshafts & shock towers. @3d-rc.myshopify.com makes awesome, flexible wing mounts that I'll swear by 100%, never broken one- I use them on all of my off-road bashers

Upgrade the transmitter operator! 😉

That’s a normal day for my kids, cheap parts and labor to do it all again while they learn air and throttle control. When you’re confident landing on all-4 day in and out, that’s when you pay for premium towers/braces/diff components IMO ☺️

Ring ring ring ring, banana phone.

Straighten that axle and keep doing so until it fails, then get another stock one. ;)

I'd definitely get an upgraded shock tower, M2C would be the way to go, s#it that bends fairly easy and stays bent breaks the plastic stuff behind it. I'd do the 4mm shock standoffs too while you are there.

In my opinion, you have 4 options. Stock, M2C, or Basher Queen, and a whole list of others. lol

I myself, once bent or broke, I replace with M2C or Basher Queen. M2C for the dog bones, and BQ for carbon fiber shock towers. But that's just me. Either way you go, you will have something better than stock. Which is always a PLUS.

Last edited:
In my opinion, you have 3 options. Stock, M2C, or Basher Queen.

I myself, once bent or broke, I replace with M2C or Basher Queen. M2C for the dog bones, and BQ for carbon fiber shock towers. But that's just me. Either way you go, you will have something better than stock. Which is always a PLUS.
I was gonna give my 2...then read his ☝🏼 comment. I have JRC, M2C, @3d-rc.myshopify.com, BQ and Ebay with multiple sellers bookmarked for my "parts dealers".

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back