BashingBrian's X Maxx questions and experiences ( from a Traxxas noob )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between 3 of them you pretty much matched up with us.
On our tires, i know the issue- I get real anal about cleaning after a session, tried several methods but i know i got water and most likely WD-40 in them a destroyed the foams (new and didn't realize vent holes in the rims).

We have a O8S as well and love it but if and when it breaks something the price tag is a wee bit higher- I do like the xmaxx as parts are pretty low on parts :) Plus sounds weird- I love to work on stuff- tinker, tweak etc etc and I get plenty of that with these trucks!
Oh, the clicking noise Wife had bent toe link put the knuckle closer to the ribs on the inside of the rim and they would make contact when turning - quick fix was to adjust her end points... no more clicking.. ended up getting her the pretty aluminum ones cause they well " are pretty and match the body".

Do they help or hurt air control over the stock tires?
I've never tried the stock tires but i've heard nothing but horrible things so I'm sure they fail in comparison in every single way. Tire weight matters a lot for air control and the mx43 are definitely heavier.

Stock everything on my Xmaxx equals no backflips..unless I REALLY send it. LOL. With a steep enough lip on the ramp or jump it's certainly doable. Heavier tires such as Duratrax belted work much better for flipping. Truthfully, flipping isn't a routine for me. I tend to be more focused on ground control for which lighter weight tires is better. Also why I'm interested in the Gravix tires.. different strokes. 🍻

Stock everything on my Xmaxx equals no backflips..unless I REALLY send it. LOL. With a steep enough lip on the ramp or jump it's certainly doable. Heavier tires such as Duratrax belted work much better for flipping. Truthfully, flipping isn't a routine for me. I tend to be more focused on ground control for which lighter weight tires is better. Also why I'm interested in the Gravix tires.. different strokes. 🍻
I should figure out how to send you these xrt tires for cheap. I have some that are brand new and I will probably never use them because they just can't hold up well to the power we have in our xrts. We have 3 xrt's and I think 1 set of tires is still in the package and one set I only tried like once.

I should figure out how to send you these xrt tires for cheap. I have some that are brand new and I will probably never use them because they just can't hold up well to the power we have in our xrts. We have 3 xrt's and I think 1 set of tires is still in the package and one set I only tried like once.
Funny.. I always check the classifieds figuring someone is gonna throw some up.. haven't seen a set yet. Maybe it's cuz they blow apart too easily? IDK. Think about a price, maybe we can make a deal?

Ha- you should ship out your stock Xmaxx tires as well, I can find someone who will take them :)

Funny.. I always check the classifieds figuring someone is gonna throw some up.. haven't seen a set yet. Maybe it's cuz they blow apart too easily? IDK. Think about a price, maybe we can make a deal?
I will keep my eye out for a box I can fit them in. I will let you have them for the cost of shipping. :cool: (y)
Ha- you should ship out your stock Xmaxx tires as well, I can find someone who will take them :)
haha sadly I bought my xmaxx used from a member here. It came with kraton 8s RTR tires which sucked for my berm jumps, the only tires that work well for me on the xmaxx and the spot where I bash are the heavy ass proline trenchers. Double edged sword as they're heavy af but with them I basically can land anything so I don't typically have bad landings. That's also their biggest con though as they balloon like crazy which makes it harder for me to build up speed before my jumps. Still gotta try the mx 43's on there though, I have high hopes for them as they're great on all my other rigs.

I will keep my eye out for a box I can fit them in. I will let you have them for the cost of shipping. :cool: (y)

haha sadly I bought my xmaxx used from a member here. It came with kraton 8s RTR tires which sucked for my berm jumps, the only tires that work well for me on the xmaxx and the spot where I bash are the heavy ass proline trenchers. Double edged sword as they're heavy af but with them I basically can land anything so I don't typically have bad landings. That's also their biggest con though as they balloon like crazy which makes it harder for me to build up speed before my jumps. Still gotta try the mx 43's on there though, I have high hopes for them as they're great on all my other rigs.
If you can put up a video on the MX43's, tons of other videos out there but I seen none that address air control, ground control etc etc- ya they look good but what else are they going to break- motor temps before and after etc etc. That would be good info :)

Give these diff cups a try when you ready to replace. They have been holding up amazingly well for me.

S2 Hard Steel Drive Cup for Traxxas X-Maxx 8S 7754X https://a.co/d/gjpGDYY
Hey, just a heads up. These are on sale for prime days. Just ordered 2 sets👌 Thanks!🍻

Screenshot_20231010-104351_Samsung Internet.jpg

I tried🤷‍♂️ ..just checked, back to 17.99 now.. mine were delivered today.😁😛
Very nice! Hopefully they hold good for you. Mine are still holding up great. I just need some more for the front. I wish this company made them for the 8s and 6s Arrma lineup.

Very nice! Hopefully they hold good for you. Mine are still holding up great. I just need some more for the front. I wish this company made them for the 8s and 6s Arrma lineup.
Glad to hear. Yeah, I figured I'd better grab 2 sets. My stockers are getting pretty rough. I flipped the rears right to left a couple weeks ago, now they really look bad.. I figured these S2's gotta be as good or better than the stock parts.🤷‍♂️

You should DEFINITELY upgrade the drive shafts, arms, shocks, wheels, diffs, bulkheads, entire steering, all gears, electronics, chassis, body, bearings, bumpers, hinge pins, hinge pin blocks… and don’t forget the battery tray and receiver tray and… screws. Maybe even the transmitter…

lol just kidding

You should DEFINITELY upgrade the drive shafts, arms, shocks, wheels, diffs, bulkheads, entire steering, all gears, electronics, chassis, body, bearings, bumpers, hinge pins, hinge pin blocks… and don’t forget the battery tray and receiver tray and… screws. Maybe even the transmitter…

lol just kidding
Uh yeah, NO!!😂😂
Not me bro. I stay stock for a reason, and not cuz I don't appreciate the upgrades. Just no desire to have more invested in my rc than my 1:1. LOL. Just me..😂😂
They last soo much longer if left alone. I upgrade after something fails "prematurely" by my definition.. otherwise, Xmaxx is straight up cheap(ish) fun as is out of the box for me.

I tried🤷‍♂️ ..just checked, back to 17.99 now.. mine were delivered today.😁😛
UGGGGG, wife removed them from the cart and put in saved for later to buy girly crap!!! 17.99 for me and I don't feel a bit bad about it and the other items I threw in for good measure! Serves her right.

UGGGGG, wife removed them from the cart and put in saved for later to buy girly crap!!! 17.99 for me and I don't feel a bit bad about it and the other items I threw in for good measure! Serves her right.
Atta boy!! Show her whose in charge!!😂😂
I was holding off on the diff cups until I saw how bad my RPM rear hub carriers have gotten on the Xmaxx, the bearings are literally wobbling in the carriers.. so I threw some TRX7752x in my cart at amazon and saw the S2 cups were discounted. I had left them in my cart a week or so ago..score!! Must've been fate?🤷‍♂️😛😂🍻

So far these drive cups are awesome!! Nearly a dozen packs through and they still look like new. Impressed!! Xmaxx has been doin work lately, what an awesome truck, plain and simple.😎🤘🍻

So far these drive cups are awesome!! Nearly a dozen packs through and they still look like new. Impressed!! Xmaxx has been doin work lately, what an awesome truck, plain and simple.😎🤘🍻
Love to hear that. Even better there is a cheaper and better option than stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back