Best 3 Outcast Motor/Esc Combos for under $300.00?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Lee

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I recently broke the shaft on my stock Outcast motor. I'm ready for an motor/esc upgrade. I understand the Outcast was not designed for blazing speed BUT I love speed and enjoying surprising people. I typically run 1/2 - 3/4 throttle while jumping but that not my thing. Please help my understand the kv rating. I like to run 6s 7400mAh 90C SMC BATTERIES.

Tekin RX8 Gen 3 ESC and T8 2000kv motor. In budget with discounts at Tower. None better in my opinion. ESC rated 300amps, none higher that I know. I have 3 rc's, all with Tekin. Just built an MT410 by Tekno. Managed to fry what I thought was the motor, my fault. Sent it in and the ESC was fried, replaced and sent back for $100 (my fault) in a week.

Only thingmImwould like is waterproof. If this is a deal breaker get the mamba x with the 2200kv motor, around $225

And #3
Mamba X with Poseidon 2000kv motor. Waterproof, but not sensored like the others. If sensored is important. I recently got a Poseidon 2200kv and it rips. Is rated to 7s if my ESC would allow.

Overall my favorite is the Tekin stuff.

Have used Hobbywing and it is fine, Max8, it is the BLX200 like in the Nero but more programmable. I've have a 2200kv Castle that I keep as a back up, ran it in an e revo for about 6 months and it is a great motor

My opinion on the subject. Good Luck

Tekin RX8 Gen 3 ESC and T8 2000kv motor. In budget with discounts at Tower. None better in my opinion. ESC rated 300amps, none higher that I know. I have 3 rc's, all with Tekin. Just built an MT410 by Tekno. Managed to fry what I thought was the motor, my fault. Sent it in and the ESC was fried, replaced and sent back for $100 (my fault) in a week.

Only thingmImwould like is waterproof. If this is a deal breaker get the mamba x with the 2200kv motor, around $225

And #3
Mamba X with Poseidon 2000kv motor. Waterproof, but not sensored like the others. If sensored is important. I recently got a Poseidon 2200kv and it rips. Is rated to 7s if my ESC would allow.

Overall my favorite is the Tekin stuff.

Have used Hobbywing and it is fine, Max8, it is the BLX200 like in the Nero but more programmable. I've have a 2200kv Castle that I keep as a back up, ran it in an e revo for about 6 months and it is a great motor

My opinion on the subject. Good Luck

the tekin could power a lightened big rock, all ceramic bearings, titanium rods all (6) changed..etc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back