Best ESC/motor combo for M2C’d 1/8 Kraton EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionJackson

Reaction score
Howdy guys,

My 160a Spektrum ESC just died bombing through fresh powder snow with paddle tires… turns out full throttle for 5 minutes straight is too tough on that ESC 🤣 Plus I only ever ran it 6s rather than 8S …which I’ve heard can be tough on the ESC because it’s getting lower than desired voltage and pulling high current paddling through deep powder.

I’ve got beefcake’d x-long wheelbase Kraton EXB with a Spektrum Dx5 transmitter so I’m leaning towards Spektrum ESC to keep an eye on voltage and temps from the transmitter… so considering a 150a v2 OR a HW max6 g2.

Thoughts, other recommendations?

Thanks!

The mmx8s combo on amazon is only like 308 or something right now, but max 6 g2 is even cheaper with the 4990 combo around 250. Unfortunately I think most places are on pre-order for the next batch of max6 though.

Looks like HW is the best bet… any way to get the voltage/temp data to show up on my spektrum Dx5 radio?

Max6 G2 has a bluetooth thing built in for the data, but I'm not aware of any way to get it on the spektrum remote unfortunately. I think you're sort of stuck with Spektrum Smort stuff for that

Max 8 in a kraton XL sounds like a bad idea. Having an 8s esc and running 6s gives you headroom as typically the 8s esc has a higher amp limit anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back