Best Build Kits on the Market?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will absolutley bet that the New Tekno SCT will hands down be the strongest SCT going.
I own the outgoing SCT410.3 and it is indeed a tank. It is mostly based on Tekno’s 1/8 scale platform.

I also owned the ET410.2 and it was very fragile. Based on the EB410 - totally different platform than the SCT410.3. Lighter and smaller.

The new SCT is based on the EB410/ET410 platform and will be far more fragile than the outgoing one, IMO. It should also be much faster because it is significantly lighter.

I own the outgoing SCT410.3 and it is indeed a tank. It is mostly based on Tekno’s 1/8 scale platform.

I also owned the ET410.2 and it was very fragile. Based on the EB410 - totally different platform than the SCT410.3. Lighter and smaller.

The new SCT is based on the EB410/ET410 platform and will be far more fragile than the outgoing one, IMO. It should also be much faster because it is significantly lighter.
I don't know what the SCT410.3 weighs , but the difference between my Losi SCTE 3.0 ( heavy like the Tekno ) and the new SCT410sl depending on what batteries you have in it , is 200-300 grams !! I wish I had both of them with electronics in it because it would be a great comparison to run them both at the same time on whatever layout is there to see which one I can get faster . Either way , when I run the SCTE vs. the SCT410sl , it def feels " lighter" on its feet !
Running laps last Saturday with my friend and his SCTE 3.0 ( 250 grams heavier ) , off the same jumps on the turf track , the Losi makes a " boom " sound and the Tekno like a little lighter " plump " !!! LOL

Yes at first I tried multiple times with the sensor wire plugged in. I tried switching reverse with the software and it locked the esc. Got a pc with windows to reset the esc. Got it, but reverse was still an issue. Then out of frustration I switched motor wires and fried something. Worked in forward but not reverse and then the smell of electronic death. Just gonna pay the half off and get another one.
When you get the new electronics, first put the motor wires in their corresponding place in the ESC. Then makes sure motor direction is sorted and lastly connect the sensor wire.
The first time I had this problem, i wanted to have my LHS fix it for me. They also made that mistake of switching motor cables to change direction. They didn't even know it can ruin the electronics either. He just didn't want to bother connecting to a pc at first. I was just in time to tell him not to do that and use the pc software.

When you get the new electronics, first put the motor wires in their corresponding place in the ESC. Then makes sure motor direction is sorted and lastly connect the sensor wire.
The first time I had this problem, i wanted to have my LHS fix it for me. They also made that mistake of switching motor cables to change direction. They didn't even know it can ruin the electronics either. He just didn't want to bother connecting to a pc at first. I was just in time to tell him not to do that and use the pc software.
Damn...hell yeh thanks man! 👊🏼

Thank you guys for all the great suggestions! I honestly think this is the best, most knowledgable RC forum on the planet. I don't want to drop names but some/most of you guys really know your sh!t ✌🏼👍🏼💪🏼🤓

About that Tekno sct 410.3.
How is Tekno's support for discontinued models? I've been looking for one, but apparently there's no supplier for this brand in The Netherlands. I saw Monsterhopups in Germany carries Tekno. I've ordered a lot of electronics from them and their service is good and delivery is fast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back