Best Build Kits on the Market?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrahbee

Send-Flip-Break-Fix-Repeat 🤙🏼
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Infraction 4x4
I'm looking for some fun kits to build. Built my first Tekno MT410 recently and got the builders bug 🤨 Other than Tekno and micro crawlers what are the best quality, most fun kits out there? I am currently looking at getting a Vanquish kit. I'm not really into crawlers but might pull the trigger to get a high quality build experience. I owned a SCX24...those are a little too small for my aging eyes so I sold it 😁 Lets see what all you OG's have up your sleeve! 😎

1. Tekno
2. Vanquish

Any race brand kits will be good - just like your Tekno. TLR. Associated. Mugen. Etc.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Element Enduro builder kit. Definitely a better experience and final product than my TRX4 kit. Enduro is owned by Associated who obviously knows how to make a good kit.

I loved my Associated 1/8 buggy. Tough as nails and drove beautifully. The new Tekno 410SL SCT looks pretty cool. Don’t expect it to bash well though since it’s based on the somewhat fragile 1/10 Tekno platform.

I also find that I fill the build itch by upgrading my cars. Trying different power systems, pinions, cooling, and other upgrades. Castle data logs help a lot.

P.S. were you able to sort out the MMX6S issue?

I loved my Associated 1/8 buggy
Hmmm..been checking them out too 🤔
I emailed amain and asked them to handle the return. Every time I call CC they are closed which is weird since I live on the east coast and it's never been after 6pm EST. I'll pay the half to cover the return because after it was all said and done I think I fried something trying things I shouldn't have. I still don't know why I was having so much trouble when I reversed the direction on the motor. Rev on the TX didn't work. I'll have to back up and punt I guess..😂

I'm looking for some fun kits to build. Built my first Tekno MT410 recently and got the builders bug 🤨 Other than Tekno and micro crawlers what are the best quality, most fun kits out there? I am currently looking at getting a Vanquish kit. I'm not really into crawlers but might pull the trigger to get a high quality build experience. I owned a SCX24...those are a little too small for my aging eyes so I sold it 😁 Lets see what all you OG's have up your sleeve! 😎

1. Tekno
2. Vanquish

1. Mugen
2. Mugen
3. Mugen

Any of the racing kits should prove satisfying, but aside from the MT410,there really isn't a basher available in kit form sadly.
I have an Xray buggy that I picked up used years ago, while I missed the fun of building it, it is a high quality rig. A nice thing about Xray is longevity. I can still find about 90% of the parts for it, it's a 2007 model!! Not too many companies can say that in this hobby.

In no particular order, Mugen, Tekno, Vanquish, HPI (Baja)…
I myself love building kits, I think that’s why 80% of my Arrma’s are custom builds.. on a side note though, race kits are way superior to any Arrma and I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the recommendations people have suggested.
The four I mentioned, I have built so have a personal experience with them 👍🏼

In no particular order, Mugen, Tekno, Vanquish, HPI (Baja)…
I myself love building kits, I think that’s why 80% of my Arrma’s are custom builds.. on a side note though, race kits are way superior to any Arrma and I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the recommendations people have suggested.
The four I mentioned, I have built so have a personal experience with them 👍🏼
Huh, never heard of Vanquish.. just took a look at their site, wow! I hope they're at the top of the food chain for that kinda money!! LOL
Glad I'm not into crawlers!!😉🤣🤣

Any race brand kits will be good - just like your Tekno. TLR. Associated. Mugen. Etc.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the Element Enduro builder kit. Definitely a better experience and final product than my TRX4 kit. Enduro is owned by Associated who obviously knows how to make a good kit.

I loved my Associated 1/8 buggy. Tough as nails and drove beautifully. The new Tekno 410SL SCT looks pretty cool. Don’t expect it to bash well though since it’s based on the somewhat fragile 1/10 Tekno platform.

I also find that I fill the build itch by upgrading my cars. Trying different power systems, pinions, cooling, and other upgrades. Castle data logs help a lot.

Yeah , the Tekno SCT410sl is an awesome kit / build / drive’s awesome, but I only race mine on turf . Fragile , I was farting around on the smaller indoor carpet track , smacked the wall and broke the front diff housing !!! Great truck to race with , imo .

Yeah , the Tekno SCT410sl is an awesome kit / build / drive’s awesome, but I only race mine on turf . Fragile , I was farting around on the smaller indoor carpet track , smacked the wall and broke the front diff housing !!! Great truck to race with , imo .
Yeah that front diff housing is made of glass.

Upgrading to aluminum shock caps too , didn’t even hit anything, it just jumped threads and out came my shock fluid !

IMG_2739.jpeg

Upgrading to aluminum shock caps too , didn’t even hit anything, it just jumped threads and out came my shock fluid !

View attachment 309719
Mine too, on an MT410.. I cleaned up, topped off the shock and carried on but I know it's on borrowed time now..
I suspect mine was injured in a collision with a Talion exb (my brother's)though.. sibling rivalry is alive and well!!😉🤣🍻

I will absolutley bet that the New Tekno SCT will hands down be the strongest SCT going. And who is really sending their SCT anyway. That is silly. I never associated any SCT with Hard core bashing. Not any real thing IMHO. The Senton 6s maybe. As unrefined as SCT's go.. It surely was a tank.
Vanquish Products makes nice kits. Probably the bestest of the best Crawlers, IMHO. Very costly. And if you are not all into Crawlers... that would be one very expensive Shelf Queen :rolleyes: Ok if you don't mind and just enjoy the building aspect. I like Crawlers. Not at first for quite a while. Just sat on my shelf for almost a year . Then it grew on me fast. I figured it all out... the Slow scale driving thing. And now I run them regularly.:cool:

I put all new outdrives on my Losi SCTE 3.0 , very expensive , and they are worn again and I don’t race it nearly as much as my AE SC6.1 / X-ray SCX . Will be interesting to see how long the outdrives last on this Tekno SCT410sl lasts before they’re worn out .

I will absolutley bet that the New Tekno SCT will hands down be the strongest SCT going. And who is really sending their SCT anyway. That is silly. I never associated any SCT with Hard core bashing. Not any real thing IMHO. The Senton 6s maybe. As unrefined as SCT's go.. It surely was a tank.
Vanquish Products makes nice kits. Probably the bestest of the best Crawlers, IMHO. Very costly. And if you are not all into Crawlers... that would be one very expensive Shelf Queen :rolleyes: Ok if you don't mind and just enjoy the building aspect. I like Crawlers. Not at first for quite a while. Just sat on my shelf for almost a year . Then it grew on me fast. I figured it all out... the Slow scale driving thing. And now I run them regularly.:cool:
And, why I just put my head in the sand!! LaLaLa.. I can't hear you!!🤣🤣
(Talking about crawlers)
I put all new outdrives on my Losi SCTE 3.0 , very expensive , and they are worn again and I don’t race it nearly as much as my AE SC6.1 / X-ray SCX . Will be interesting to see how long the outdrives last on this Tekno SCT410sl lasts before they’re worn out .
My Tekno cups have been holding up well thus far, SCT410 and MT410.

Last edited:
Sounds like a bitchin SCT lineup you got there!😎

Hmmm..been checking them out too 🤔

I emailed amain and asked them to handle the return. Every time I call CC they are closed which is weird since I live on the east coast and it's never been after 6pm EST. I'll pay the half to cover the return because after it was all said and done I think I fried something trying things I shouldn't have. I still don't know why I was having so much trouble when I reversed the direction on the motor. Rev on the TX didn't work. I'll have to back up and punt I guess..😂
Did you run it sensored?
Because whatever you do, when the sensor cable is connected, DO NOT switch motor wires!!! Switching motor direction HAS to be done in the Castle software.

Did you run it sensored?
Because whatever you do, when the sensor cable is connected, DO NOT switch motor wires!!! Switching motor direction HAS to be done in the Castle software.
Yes at first I tried multiple times with the sensor wire plugged in. I tried switching reverse with the software and it locked the esc. Got a pc with windows to reset the esc. Got it, but reverse was still an issue. Then out of frustration I switched motor wires and fried something. Worked in forward but not reverse and then the smell of electronic death. Just gonna pay the half off and get another one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back