Vendetta Best fitting Motor Size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you mean largest? "Best" fitting motor depends on your goals. You can physically fit up to a 40mm diameter motor in there with no issues. And i know you can go as long as 74mm comfortably. Others may chime in, but I believe you can squeeze in a longer one as well.

Do you mean largest? "Best" fitting motor depends on your goals. You can physically fit up to a 40mm diameter motor in there with no issues. And i know you can go as long as 74mm comfortably. Others may chime in, but I believe you can squeeze in a longer one as well.
I have a ezrun4268. Length 74mm + no problem. Diameter 40mm this motor is as big as you can go 1mm to spare.

welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the replies, That gives me an idea of what I am going to do. My goal will be 100mph with this car then possibly a Limitless. But one step at a time!

The stock motor is capable of 100+ with the right set up and gearing, using the 6S ESC

I
I have a ezrun4268. Length 74mm + no problem. Diameter 40mm this motor is as big as you can go 1mm to spare.
just noticed with the 9th pinion the driveshaft rubbs against the motor. I didn't realize how bad until I tried putting on a center driveshaft support. Went up to 13th very,very close. My eyes are slowly falling. Old age!!

I just got my Spektrum 6s esc 150a and a Spektrum 2050kv motor and length wise it does not appear to fit. The motor is about 74mm and with the bigger ESC I don't see how its going to fit.

Where is your ESC mounted? It should be on top of the receiver box. Not down behind it between it and the motor this is a horrible place to put it.

I was just attempting to mount it down between the motor and receiver box. I was reading some older threads saying mounting on top there wont fit on the Vendetta. If I do mount it there, looks like guerilla tape is the way to go?

Last edited:
The picture show the stock location and the other picture shows the location where it should’ve been from the factory. when it’s mounted low in the chassis like that there’s no airflow and it overheats quickly and you need more room. It just works out better, you will have to make some sort of plate to mount it on or use two-sided tape.

71528243109__DBCD0FA8-E636-49BF-B390-B052793EE0AB.jpeg

image.jpg

It wouldn’t be a bad idea. If you bought a spool with like a 40 something spur gear because of the low KV on that motor you can’t gear it up enough. Stock is 50t/20t. I am running a 44 spur gear with the 26 pinion on a 2400 KV motor On 4s.

Just use the stock motor, 6s esc, and the 26t speed pinion. That’ll get you to 100mph easy. I did 102mph with that exact same setup.
I had that exact same setup this weekend and ran 72. Spectrum 150 amp 6s ESC on 6s with the stock motor, spool, and speed pinion. AVC was turned all the way down. Just ordered the 6s motor and a MOD1 36 tooth Pinion and a bunch of MOD1 pinion gears up to 26 tooth. If this dosent do something there will be a Vandetta for sale! LoL

I had that exact same setup this weekend and ran 72. Spectrum 150 amp 6s ESC on 6s with the stock motor, spool, and speed pinion. AVC was turned all the way down. Just ordered the 6s motor and a MOD1 36 tooth Pinion and a bunch of MOD1 pinion gears up to 26 tooth. If this dosent do something there will be a Vandetta for sale! LoL
Interesting. Something must be wrong then. You should be at the 72 speed right out of the box with speed pinion. Cuz like I said I did 102 with just a firma 150 esc and the speed pinion no problem.

It is just my opinion that the 2050 KV/6S motor will be going the wrong direction for you.

What lipo batteries are you guys using? This will make a difference. Not 30 mph,head wind, road surface.

Maybe it’s running in reverse. I just ordered a HobbyStar 3670 Motor: 3050KV under $50 shipped. It's for a xlwb chassis/4S Kraton / Vendetta that I'm building.

Last edited:
The lower the motor KV the bigger the pinion you need. Generally speaking. I would want at least 2250kv and a bit higher for a rather lighweight Detta. ( 6s) Thats all you really need.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back