Vendetta Vendetta 6s build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vendetta
Hi everyone,

New to the speed world here. Just like a million other people, I purchased a $199 vendetta. After doing 1 pass of 70mph I wanted more.
IMG_1331.jpeg
Did some research, found out with a firma 150 esc and a 6s battery the car should do 90+mph. Had an extra firma 150 so I put that in the vendetta and squeezed a 6s lipo in it. With my GNSS I clocked 102mph. I was shocked this 3s car would move like that.

Anyways I knew after some research if I wanted more I would need to upgrade. Not knowing poop about these speed builds I reached out to Shawn Marsh and Raul Perez to get some insight. Long story short, I spent a lot of damn money…

So here is my parts list that’s on the way to make a 150mph vendetta:

- Castle MMX8s ESC / QS8 connector
- TP Power 4050cm 3200kv
- Oktay spool
- Mod 1 pinion/spur
- 4s kraton metal diffs
- 4s kraton input gears
- Hot racing metal yolks
- Hot racing aluminum bellcrank
- GPM turnbuckles
- EBay Carbon chassis brace
- GRP XM5’s
- KaniZRC center driveshaft
- Carbon fiber front splitter
- Carbon side skirts
- EBay 17mm conversion
- Carbon center brace
- Traxxas turnbuckles in place of stock shocks
- Avid Revolution Aura bearings throughout entire car

So as of August 29th, I’ve got the esc and motor fitted, diffs greased and shimmed, and wheels fitted (need a little trimming) waiting on my Kaniz shaft and battery. I also need to address my shocks (either fuel line the shocks or swap out to turnbuckles, haven’t figured it out yet)

Again a huge thanks to Shawn Marsh and Raul Perez for letting me pick their brains as I’ve had a ton of questions. Can’t wait to get this car going 140+mph.

IMG_1342.png

IMG_1447.jpeg

71497329462__70697D2B-AD66-443A-B070-BEA847E287DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice..ran 88 mph on 2s earlier with my 199$ detta..radiolink with steering speed turned down is a gamechanger for them.also good for 5000ft hit

i got a vendetta too. still haven't spent any money on upgrades yet. congrats! your 199$ has become a 1000$ rc car! this hobby does that to you......

I'm afraid I'm down the same hole soon, waiting for a vendetta in the mail, second hand tho, not new. But I thought it would be the smartest, to try speed running on a 3s rig first..😅
If you like to go fast you will be down that deep dark rabbit hole soon :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
i got a vendetta too. still haven't spent any money on upgrades yet. congrats! your 199$ has become a 1000$ rc car! this hobby does that to you......
It sure does! I've only been in the hobby like 6 months.. I have a $1500 notorious build as well..

Update: Got the car going yesterday, made its first pass which was good. Clocked 87 mph on the gnss going real easy on the throttle. Made a few adjustments and went for a second pass and ran into an issue.

Somehow the grub screw walked itself out of the pinion and was bouncing around loose in the motor case. Oh well, but went to try and remove the pinion and she’s stuck, I mean really stuck. Spent 4 hours with tools/torch trying to remove it. I want to be careful not to reef on this brand new motor so I ordered a pinion puller, really hope that’ll do the trick.

Anyways, gives me some time to go back over the car and make some adjustments (suspension, lowering body etc) and wait for my Radiolink transmitter to show up.

IMG_1536.jpeg

IMG_1537.jpeg

IMG_1543.png

Sunday night update:

As you can see the photo of my motor mount, I really whacked on the thing to try and get that stuck pinion off.

My local lhs had a pinion puller and he was able to get it off. Apparently the pinion welded itself to the shaft. Hopefully the shaft will hold up, going to put a new pinion on and hope for the best. Otherwise, new shaft time.

Also taking the time to remove the stock shocks and replace them Traxxas turnbuckles.

If all goes to plan and the weather holds up we’ll get back out in the next couple days for shakedown v2.

IMG_1557.jpeg

IMG_1561.jpeg

IMG_1559.jpeg

IMG_1562.jpeg

Last edited:
3200kv on 6S is wicked! 80000rpm at the stator! Welcome to the 100+ club, that 150mph will be beyond mental. Try to keep that cabling cool for sure.
I'm kinda late here, but the vendetta I bought used, had 3900kv motor. So if @mryan884 drove his stock motor on 6s, 3900kv = almost 100k rpm on fully charged battery? 🤭

I'm kinda late here, but the vendetta I bought used, had 3900kv motor. So if @mryan884 drove his stock motor on 6s, 3900kv = almost 100k rpm on fully charged battery? 🤭
I did probably 10 passes on 6s with the stock motor and it was fine until a crash somehow bent the can case. It was holding up great.

Tuesday night update:

Car made two passes. Both took flight. Last pass ran 98mph on the gnss, but ended up about 10 feet up in a cedar tree 😬.

Car actually held up pretty good. Only damage is a destroyed gnss holder and some body damage.

Definitely need to sit back down and make some suspension adjustments. I know it’s definitely sitting too high. We’ll be back!

IMG_1596.png

IMG_1599.jpeg

IMG_1601.jpeg

IMG_1602.jpeg

Very nice..ran 88 mph on 2s earlier with my 199$ detta..radiolink with steering speed turned down is a gamechanger for them.also good for 5000ft hit
I would love to know your various default R66GS settings starting points for speed runs, drag hits, etc. I spend more time messing with Thr/Str settings (and waiting for traffic) than I do driving my cars.

I would love to know your various default R66GS settings starting points for speed runs, drag hits, etc. I spend more time messing with Thr/Str settings (and waiting for traffic) than I do driving my cars.
Ill share settings when i get home to radio later

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back