Best Nitro truck ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't modern radios have fail safes now? I remember on many of my radios you could set the failsafe to prevent a runaway.
Failsafe is great, but once the RX powers down from low voltage (brownout) then failsafe doesn't work. Some use the throttle return springs that pulls the servo back to idle but some servos are stubborn and won't rotate since servos are designed to be turned from the inside out. The best bet is to use a telemetry based transmitter that tells you the rx voltage, something you can set an alarm on to alert you the rx battery is getting low.

Failsafe is great, but once the RX powers down from low voltage (brownout) then failsafe doesn't work. Some use the throttle return springs that pulls the servo back to idle but some servos are stubborn and won't rotate since servos are designed to be turned from the inside out. The best bet is to use a telemetry based transmitter that tells you the rx voltage, something you can set an alarm on to alert you the rx battery is getting low.

I wasn't even thinking of if the battery dies. But I have a LiFe pack and a buzzer alarm that I can use.

Dynamite has a dirt cheap nitro option, a .21 and .28 for the rtr eight and eight t. Then the big red is .28 and highly rated, but for when your ready for the ultimate power nitro has to offer that still won't break the bank...LRP !!! Damn they got the power. Got a .32 lrp in my savage and can barely tune it to get hot enough and the power is off the charts

Don't modern radios have fail safes now? I remember on many of my radios you could set the failsafe to prevent a runaway.

And not trying to derail the thread but if I was wanting to try nitro again and I already have most the parts to build a Tekno NT48.3 what would be a good cheep engine to destroy while I try to teach myself. I basically want something that if I break it trying to learn again then I'm not going to be out a bunch of money on having to replace the engine to try again and I would much rather destroy a couple of cheap nitro engines than destroy a good one. Then once I get it down I'll get something like a OS or Tekno.

Dynamite or lrp man. The lrp gets my vote. You can get the .28 for like 130 or the .32 for like 160.
For me the Dynamite's where good motors but they don't seem to hold tunes well. More finicky in general. Getting back into it I wouldn't want to suggest a finicky motor myself.
Woogie nitro on YouTube has a ton of vids talking about those lrp motors. Check his channel out on them.

Dynamite or lrp man. The lrp gets my vote. You can get the .28 for like 130 or the .32 for like 160.
For me the Dynamite's where good motors but they don't seem to hold tunes well. More finicky in general. Getting back into it I wouldn't want to suggest a finicky motor myself.
Woogie nitro on YouTube has a ton of vids talking about those lrp motors. Check his channel out on them.

I thought Dynamite engines were made by LRP? Or is that SH?

I thought Dynamite engines were made by LRP? Or is that SH?

Truth be told, I don't know. Even if made by them or for them they aren't the same at all. The lrp motors tune out a lot better and stay consistent. The Dynamite motors are great, its the carbs they use that are finicky in my opinion.
If your experienced its not as much of an issue.
I had a dynamite .19 on my slash I built and that thing was an absolute animal! My buddies 3.3 jato couldn't touch it out on an open road. My streets 900ft and I'd gap him so bad off the line even though his top speed was 15mph faster he couldn't catch me before we were out of road.

I'm guessing SH makes Dynamite. They make motors for everyone.

I wasn't even thinking of if the battery dies. But I have a LiFe pack and a buzzer alarm that I can use.

The biggest problem with LiFe is that the cells maintain a consistent charge level of 3.3v/cell right until the very last second. Usually if your buzzer starts to go off with LiFe, it's too late. I've seen them die off completely in less than 30 seconds- not a big deal with cars, can be problematic with airplanes. And cell checkers can't tell you the voltage remaining as they always sit at 3.3v/cell whether fully charged or almost dead. Only accurate way to tell is to put a 1 amp load on them and see the voltage sag. I rarely use them. NiMH is more reliable voltage wise, but LiPo reigns king if your equipment can take it.

@slick2500

Get a OS and be done with it bruh.. out of the box, they are almost tuned. They come a bit fat up top but small tweaks is all it takes. It’s not hard to tune a great engine. poopy engines are the reason guys go to plug n play.

I'm guessing SH makes Dynamite. They make motors for everyone.

The biggest problem with LiFe is that the cells maintain a consistent charge level of 3.3v/cell right until the very last second. Usually if your buzzer starts to go off with LiFe, it's too late. I've seen them die off completely in less than 30 seconds- not a big deal with cars, can be problematic with airplanes. And cell checkers can't tell you the voltage remaining as they always sit at 3.3v/cell whether fully charged or almost dead. Only accurate way to tell is to put a 1 amp load on them and see the voltage sag. I rarely use them. NiMH is more reliable voltage wise, but LiPo reigns king if your equipment can take it.

I'm old school. I still use aa battery's on my nitro rigs. Mind you they are Lithium, but still. Throw a wrap of electric tape around them to keep them in place and bash on. I change them every month regardless and never worry about them. I've NEVER in my 30 years had a run away.
I'm not saying its the best solution. I'm simply saying its what works well for me. KiSS

I can’t believe the selection of higher end motors motors now…. Looks like LRPs are about it other than a big red.

Just a few months back i could have bought a new Rossi 28-8 for $250. Sure regret that now!

I can’t believe the selection of higher end motors motors now…. Looks like LRPs are about it other than a big red.

Just a few months back i could have bought a new Rossi 28-8 for $250. Sure regret that now!

These are darn good for the money also.

Screenshot_20230824-221932_Samsung Internet.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back