Best Nitro truck ever!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IRONWORKER

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
When the original 5.9 XLs came out i desperately wanted 1 but just couldn’t make it happen financially. When the new XL came out i felt like a kid on Christmas morning! 😂

IMG_7246.jpeg

Have any pics with the lid off specifically the motor bay? How much more motor can go? 2200kv, that little thing will be screaming hot!

Uh it's a nitro not electric.

When I looked it up to see the motor the flux popped up, thought this was that.

Not too often you see real RC’s (Nitro) in this form. Quite refreshing. Plus I’m high so🖕🏻😜
It comes both ways..😂 I have the electric version coming Monday! 🤙🏼

Fellas i can’t tell you how much freaking fun I’m having with my XL! It’s hands down the BEST nitro I’ve ever had.
I’m about 7/8 of a gallon in so I’m not even finished with the break in. Super smooth idle, starts soooo ez, just a bump or 2 with the rotostart is all it takes. Power wise it seems to be a very healthy little engine. After i finish off this gallon I’m gonna start leaning it & possibly adjust 3rd gear shift point.

As much as i like brushless power & simplicity I’ll never be without a nitro again!

I don't get to do that, mine just run! Maybe hitting the high needle when the weather changes but thats about it 🤣
Same, it takes an ear to listen to a motor and know how it's running but once you get it then tuning is simple and starting is easy as plugging in lipos.

Same, it takes an ear to listen to a motor and know how it's running but once you get it then tuning is simple and starting is easy as plugging in lipos.

Its my opinion there is way more to learn with lipos then nitro. Alot of tech with batteries and chargers to learn.

My first rc way a savage x 4.1, man I had trouble with that one...it kept squishing the spring for the starter pin into the crank??? Hpi said it was flooding it that would cause that, at the time nobody had ever seen that, but I have seen that once more on an ofna force engine. I beat that truck learning how to drive and jump, and tune. I still have it but is converted to brushless and xl, but I got a savage x ss not long after another used nitro savage x ss, then another savage xl flux came out on special with the green body, in case anyone was wondering about the green savage... it was the leftover frame, body, most of the tranny from the savage xl octane. So I guess they won't be bringing back that one. You could say I have a severe addiction to rc but savage was the start of it and I still love them...and I want the xl 5.9 to add to my fleet!
Here's a tip when you're bashing with any one else...be sure they have a savage as well!, I wiped out a stampede once and tore of the front wheel of a losi xxl, both times the savage was unharmed!
Go savage!!!

Dunno, can't fill up a lipo with Nitro fuel so who cares. ;):LOL:
My electrics take 45 min to charge and I get 15ish minutes of play time.
My nitro takes 10 sec to fill and never stops running until I'm done and ready to pack up.
1 main reason for loving nitro- unlimited play time. 🤣

Unlimited until the rx battery dies. Which is super fun when you're fully sending it off a moon ramp and the thing sticks at WOT and runs away from you as fast as a toddler that has something they're not supposed to have.

Its my opinion there is way more to learn with lipos then nitro. Alot of tech with batteries and chargers to learn.

Yes and no. It's all second nature to me to the point where I can just look at a battery and instantly know the relevant data on it. Nitro sometimes has the mystery factor to it, like, are all of the air leaks sealed? Is the fuel I'm using good? Is the glow plug igniting? What does it mean when the thing sounds like Chewbacca about to rip someone's head off?

Unlimited until the rx battery dies. Which is super fun when you're fully sending it off a moon ramp and the thing sticks at WOT and runs away from you as fast as a toddler that has something they're not supposed to have.

Yes and no. It's all second nature to me to the point where I can just look at a battery and instantly know the relevant data on it. Nitro sometimes has the mystery factor to it, like, are all of the air leaks sealed? Is the fuel I'm using good? Is the glow plug igniting? What does it mean when the thing sounds like Chewbacca about to rip someone's head off?

Don't modern radios have fail safes now? I remember on many of my radios you could set the failsafe to prevent a runaway.

And not trying to derail the thread but if I was wanting to try nitro again and I already have most the parts to build a Tekno NT48.3 what would be a good cheep engine to destroy while I try to teach myself. I basically want something that if I break it trying to learn again then I'm not going to be out a bunch of money on having to replace the engine to try again and I would much rather destroy a couple of cheap nitro engines than destroy a good one. Then once I get it down I'll get something like a OS or Tekno.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back