Granite Best shocks for durability?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
Hi all, I am going to put granite towers on a vorteks and instead of buying granite stock shocks I figured I’d get that upgrade out of the way now. I know that there’s already a thread and I heard Mojave fronts all around are great but $70 plus shipping is just kind of steep for me. I’m looking for shocks that will provide decent ride height, durability, and preferably under $50 for a set of 4. I heard I might be able to use Hobao shocks or something? Anyway tried that? Thanks!

Get all 4 shocks off a 4s v2 kraton or outcast from jennysrc. $36 before shipping for all of them.
As soon as possible from Jenny's rc pick up the v2 shock towers to go with the shocks. Not a rush,24$ and you get a bunch of other parts with the towess

As soon as possible from Jenny's rc pick up the v2 shock towers to go with the shocks. Not a rush,24$ and you get a bunch of other parts with the towess
Can I put 4s v2 shocks and towers on a 3s vorteks ?
Get all 4 shocks off a 4s v2 kraton or outcast from jennysrc. $36 before shipping for all of them.
Are they as good as the 6s shocks?

Almost as good as 6s. For the price, can't beat it!!
You can run those shock towers, the truck will sit a little higher. Just take out all the shock spacers. On jennysrc.com the towers are about 25$ + other parts. Just order the towers when you have the cash, that is what I did.

Almost as good as 6s. For the price, can't beat it!!
You can run those shock towers, the truck will sit a little higher. Just take out all the shock spacers. On jennysrc.com the towers are about 25$ + other parts. Just order the towers when you have the cash, that is what I did.

I wouldn't run the longer shocks if it was me..... running long shocks at a lower ride height limits your up-travel more then proper length shocks would.

There are many better options for not much more in that thread I posted. Shock lengths are also in there..

Do a little reading there and educate yourself on the options.

I’ve installed Typhon 6s shocks in my Granite a few years back. Worked out great.

Just installed a complete set on Typhon TLR 6s shocks on my project BRCC. Printed out spacers for the top instead of using the Axial rubber bushings. Well worth the money. Super plush compared to the Typhon 6s units.

Several of our 3S RC's are still running stock shocks with great results. 6S shock upgrade might be the last shocks you buy for that 3S RC, but they are pricey.

About ride height, I would advise caution there. I actually lowered the ride height on one RC with aftermarket shocks that were a little taller than stock. Why? Because the extra ride height started to destroy axles. The wheel side joints were shredding on the arm from the sharper angle.

Good Luck!

I have in my son's granite hotracing 4s aluminum shock body and rear 6s talion shafts and 4s v1 front shafts right now. And their on typhon 3s arms. Runs great. I still have to put front talion shafts when I order them.

I have in my son's granite hotracing 4s aluminum shock body and rear 6s talion shafts and 4s v1 front shafts right now. And their on typhon 3s arms. Runs great. I still have to put front talion shafts when I order them. Front spring I belive are 80mm 4lbs tekno springs and stock are stock 4s v1. 30wt oil front,rear 25wt
16969718313084159189775429819013.jpg
16969719356707758362613548055590.jpg
16969719755391281633049576718362.jpg
A little dirty. Made a mistake, open to see photos

I’ve installed Typhon 6s shocks in my Granite a few years back. Worked out great.

Just installed a complete set on Typhon TLR 6s shocks on my project BRCC. Printed out spacers for the top instead of using the Axial rubber bushings. Well worth the money. Super plush compared to the Typhon 6s units.
What did you use to fix at the top of the 6s shocks I’ve just ordered some and the screws aren’t as wide I’ve tried ARA330811 upper shock balls screws flap around

What did you use to fix at the top of the 6s shocks I’ve just ordered some and the screws aren’t as wide I’ve tried ARA330811 upper shock ball and the screws flap around

I either installed the Axial rubber grommets or I printed some out.

Back