Kraton Best tires Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In what world do 6s bf's blow out easier than bf lp? I call 100% bs on that. I've exploded enough bf lp's to know, there is a reason I run backflip mt on all my overpowered rigs and it's not because they blow up. I can see an argument for "handling" but in no way shape or form are bf lps more durable than bf mt.

Everytime this discussion happens on this forum I swear half of you are drunk :ROFLMAO: I have a Talion XL with a TP 4080cm 2022kv geared 22/50 which is 80+ mph with backflip 6s tires. I bash at bmx spot and send off the ramp with this setup and I've never blown a tire, never!

I dare anyone to attempt this with backflip lp tires and do a backflip lol. Those tires won't last 2 flips.

Ask me how I know!

from 56 - 1:07 seconds I kill iirc 3 backflip lps on back to back backflips. Geared for 75+ mph. This was the last time I ever put backflip lps on one of my rigs. I replaced the tires on that rig with backflip mts, kept the same gearing and never had a problem again. I won't argue handling or any other subjective category but durability between these 2 tires is definitely not subjective nor is the increased air control from the increased mass.

Not trying to single you out or anything honestly. This topic comes up like every month and I always give my 2 cents only because when I started out I listened to everyone here and bought a bunch of bf lp tires and not only hated them but felt like I wasted a lot of money.
I concur, BF MT's are more durable than LP's. My brother and I consistently tear the sidewalls out on the LP's. Not faulting the tires, we're throwing them into turns at high speed, which is the culprit no doubt. The MT's tolerate the abuse better I feel, but don't handle nearly as well due to the increased diameter and weight. Is what it is.

I welcome opposing views. Tires can be subjective for many. But Just My personal experience so far. I've eaten so many 6s BF's, some immediately. Checked for proper gluing out the package, balanced and all. 60k/500k/30k on 6s ( 6s Kraton and Noto.) The 6s BF's tear more easily. ( for me) Depends how you drive and the terrain. I don't drive on paved BMX tracks FWIW. My offroad tires rarely if ever see pavement. Only dirt and grass. Moderate big air 10 footers if anything. I run pavement tires when I do run pavement or asphalt. Or worn out tires that I expect to tear apart and I'm not complaining about this scenario.
I will add that I know higher profiled tires afford better rotational control. ( more rotational Mass) Just I find Low profile tires lasting me longer. A trade off perhaps?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back