Kraton Best tires Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
☝🏼 yeh what he said..😂
Depends...what's your driving style. Heavy for flipping more in the air. Stock are good for all around bashing. I have some badlands but they are heavy and prone to break more on bad landings. I have some Corally Kronos tires that I really like but they don't have much air control because they are lite. The Kronos are cheap if you can find them on JRC.

👍🏼 Forgot about these..I have them on my 6s Outcast.
Yeah, great tires for nearly any terrain.. except mines.. hard pack clay. Need mini pins to hook up on clay. Wish someone would make a tire capable of taking 6s power and grip the clay..
I really wanna try the Method RC's.. not mini pins but, seem like they might hook up better than BF's..

Tires to avoid...TRX. Any.. just my opinion of course, but dang, they just suck in every way for me.

Yep..
Nice! Pretty sweet spot. You look like you've gotten good at avoiding trees 😁 Stupid stick..😂

Nice! Pretty sweet spot. You look like you've gotten good at avoiding trees 😁 Stupid stick..😂
Well, I don't know how good at avoiding them I am.. but I tend to hit them less these days,LOL.
Many a broken parts have been made here.. even a couple bent chassis!😉🤣🤣
My brother has sworn at those trees more than he can repent for,LOL!! He's actually the reason I put the plastic around the base of them!!😉🤣🤣

We all have our favorites. I like my DTX zero offset Truggy Pin tires ( X-Cons), or any Truggy Race tires And also the Arrma BF LP's for my 6s Kraton. Both types great for grass and dirt. I prefer Low Profile and "lighter" tires overall, Drivetrain is more quickly responsive, the way I like to drive.
This with all stocker Electrics, a DS3235 Servo, and Tightened SS on my K6S.
I like tries and wheels That perform. Not ones that look Cool in pix and on the shelf. i have many tires like that that already. Like the CH 2's. I think they suck IMHO. I never run them. They are my shelf queen tires. New and not used at all.

Last edited:
We all have our favorites. I like my DTX zero offset Truggy Pin tires ( X-Cons), or any Truggy Race tires And also the Arrma BF LP's for my 6s Kraton. Both types great for grass and dirt. I prefer Low Profile and "lighter" tires overall, Drivetrain is more quickly responsive, the way I like to drive.
This with all stocker Electrics, a DS3235 Servo, and Tightened SS on my K6S.
Agreed, these 6s rigs handle really well with more modestly sized tires installed..really depends on what we want to do with them.
I run race tires on most of my truggies, obviously I don't get any flips or anything like that from them but, that's how I use them, on track mostly.

I like tires and wheels That perform. Not ones that '"Look Cool" in pix and on the shelf. I have many tires like that that already. Like the CH 2's. I think they suck IMHO. I never run them. They are my shelf queen tires. New and not used at all.
My son likes the Look of the 6s BF on his 6s Noto. But I think he now sees the differnce with BF Lp's, less traction rolling. And the taller 6s BF's balloon way too much , blow out more easily, and last half as long as the LP's. Only due to blowouts. CH2's also even worse in this regard. CH 2's have a much thinner rubber. BF wheels are way stronger than the CH2's as well.
I also Never go with "directional" treads for off road rigs. The FT wheels are the only exception. And I would recommend them highly, very durable IMHO.Glued up very well. Wheels are almost indestructable. But they are rather tall. Great for very a heavy rig like my FT clearly is. Its the heaviest 6s rig out the box that Arrma makes. FT tires are expensive. probably for this reason. they are stout. Maybe not the prettiest wheel. But def performs. And fairly light considering its size. And inner and outer beads are staggered. Much like a SCT or Mojave stocker wheel is. Mojave wheels are pretty durable also. I bought spares when I got my V1 Mojave, yet I am still running the original Fortess Mojave tires years later with my V1 Mojave.

Last edited:
BAckflip 6S line, but I would recommend the Backflip 4S.
The 6S are heavy, still use them myself but wish I'd taken the 4S route.
Best to have both IMO. LP's are great for handling, MT's for stunting and rough terrain.
The LP's can get overwhelmed (damaged) on 6s I find.. no complaints, they are really intended for 4s afterall.
I like tires and wheels That perform. Not ones that '"Look Cool" in pix and on the shelf. i have many tires like that that already. Like the CH 2's. I think they suck IMHO. I never run them. They are my shelf queen tires. New and not used at all.
My son likes the Look of the 6s BF on his 6s Noto. But i think he now sees the differnce with BF Lp's, less traction rolling. And the taller 6s BF's balloon way too much , blow out more easily, and last half as long as the LP's. Only due to blowouts. CH2's also even worse in this regard. CH 2's have a much thinner rubber. BF wheels are way stronger than the CH2's as well.
I also Never go with "directional" treads for off road rigs. The FT wheels are the only exception. And I would recommend them highly, very durable IMHO.Glued up very well. Wheels are almost indestructable. But they are rather tall. Great for very a heavy rig like my FT clearly is. Its the heaviest 6s rig out the box that Arrma makes. FT tires are expensive. probably for this reason. they are stout. Maybe not the prettiest wheel. But def performs.
Right? I really have yet to find a desire or good use for the CH tires.. they're too thin and lack grip IMO.

Last edited:
Beach Fail GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

I like round ones, better for higher speeds. The wooden blocks mine came with didn't handle well..😉
Yeh i like to strap mine down when i get em brandnew like yours . you know WOODEN, and carve em out real good round the edges to get em rounded that way it don't beat itself plumb apart when you do them good ole fast speed runs ya kno ! LMFAO ............ come again ! 10-4 biggin works wounders too!!!

I like tires and wheels That perform. Not ones that '"Look Cool" in pix and on the shelf. I have many tires like that that already. Like the CH 2's. I think they suck IMHO. I never run them. They are my shelf queen tires. New and not used at all.
My son likes the Look of the 6s BF on his 6s Noto. But I think he now sees the differnce with BF Lp's, less traction rolling. And the taller 6s BF's balloon way too much , blow out more easily, and last half as long as the LP's. Only due to blowouts. CH2's also even worse in this regard. CH 2's have a much thinner rubber. BF wheels are way stronger than the CH2's as well.
I also Never go with "directional" treads for off road rigs. The FT wheels are the only exception. And I would recommend them highly, very durable IMHO.Glued up very well. Wheels are almost indestructable. But they are rather tall. Great for very a heavy rig like my FT clearly is. Its the heaviest 6s rig out the box that Arrma makes. FT tires are expensive. probably for this reason. they are stout. Maybe not the prettiest wheel. But def performs. And fairly light considering its size. And inner and outer beads are staggered. Much like a SCT or Mojave stocker wheel is. Mojave wheels are pretty durable also. I bought spares when I got my V1 Mojave, yet I am still running the original Fortess Mojave tires years later with my V1 Mojave.
In what world do 6s bf's blow out easier than bf lp? I call 100% bs on that. I've exploded enough bf lp's to know, there is a reason I run backflip mt on all my overpowered rigs and it's not because they blow up. I can see an argument for "handling" but in no way shape or form are bf lps more durable than bf mt.

Everytime this discussion happens on this forum I swear half of you are drunk :ROFLMAO: I have a Talion XL with a TP 4080cm 2022kv geared 22/50 which is 80+ mph with backflip 6s tires. I bash at bmx spot and send off the ramp with this setup and I've never blown a tire, never!

I dare anyone to attempt this with backflip lp tires and do a backflip lol. Those tires won't last 2 flips.

Ask me how I know!

from 56 - 1:07 seconds I kill iirc 3 backflip lps on back to back backflips. Geared for 75+ mph. This was the last time I ever put backflip lps on one of my rigs. I replaced the tires on that rig with backflip mts, kept the same gearing and never had a problem again. I won't argue handling or any other subjective category but durability between these 2 tires is definitely not subjective nor is the increased air control from the increased mass.

Not trying to single you out or anything honestly. This topic comes up like every month and I always give my 2 cents only because when I started out I listened to everyone here and bought a bunch of bf lp tires and not only hated them but felt like I wasted a lot of money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back