Big Rock Big Rock Handling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adiggy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a stock Big Rock V3. It's been great so far, but I want to improve it's handling in rough/rocky terrain. I bash with my friend and his Mojave and I'm always amazed at how well it holds a straight line over rocky terrain...I know it's bigger, heavier and badasser, but wondering how I can get my BRV3 to run more like it. Would Badlands MX28 2.8's help or some other wheel setup? Would I be better off trying a gyro? Change the diff fluid weights? Sell it and get a 6s rig? Please help a noob with some improvement help. Thanks!

The 6s line is much larger and can handle larger obstacles compared to the 3s line. Upgraded shocks and tires could help, but it still won’t handle like the Mojave.

I have Granite tyres on my Big Rock and 6S shocks and you could spend a ton reinforcing the drivetrain and getting even bigger wheels but the changes Ive made make its on-grass handling and jumping better. I doubt they make it any better on rocks. If youre really keen on that kind of terrain, I think there's no substitute for something bigger and heavier.

On my new Big Rock the only problem I have had is the weak ass drive shafts And steering servo is slow and weak.

It will never be even close to a Mojo.
2 completely different platforms, and scale.
A stretch. Either buy a Mojo, or ask your friend to down grade to a BRCC to make bashing fair :)LOL:), or dial in what you got there. Every rig has its limits. Driver skills takes over from there. Adapt to your rig and learn to drive it better with time. Run what you got as is. Play with shocks, diff oils, shock oils, you can dial it in better as a 4x4 platform..
Never will be a Mojave or even remotely close. Way different animals altogether.:cool:
On my new Big Rock the only problem I have had is the weak ass drive shafts And steering servo is slow and weak.
Time for a servo! Stockers are jank.;) Nothing new.
A DS3235 35 kg servo. AMZ.
Driveshafts snapping apart will always be an issue with the 4x4 platform. Is what it is. Also, make sure to remove and use Blue TL on all the 4 stub axel screws. Need to separate all the driveshaft halves to do this. Arrma doesn't use any there and the axels will self un-thread and fall apart with wheel rotation force. Wheels will fall off.

Last edited:
I second the platform difference, my typhon 6s and my big rock handle super rough terrain like someone is shooting at there tires saying dance mofo dance LOL 🤣. But if I pull out my Kraton exb or my laser nut it turns the rocks to dust, tires size and rig set up are huge. My recommendation take your big rock to the skatepark and then see if your buddy wants to follow you there LOL.

Thanks everyone. I know it will never match the Mojave, that is an amazing truck! But he can’t do backflips or keep up with me in a (smooth) straight line! I like the idea of meeting at a skate park next time🤣 👍

Why compare a Lambo to a Jeep?:ROFLMAO:
Even my K6s and Mojo don't compare.
Different rigs altogether.
I don't know what your objective truly is.:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back