Blue fire infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajag

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Talion
  12. Typhon 6s
Just painted this one yesterday
I’ve been messing around and trying different color combos
What do you think ?

8A5D03E0-E07D-4409-9A41-5C8FE839F5E9.jpeg

2A0324ED-9842-4F1E-805F-2BF53432F4C8.jpeg

DB1BE2E1-CFA4-4A39-98FE-717417935475.jpeg

AC02CB1C-B79A-4B41-B212-2A0E5E2BDEF4.jpeg

BFE0590D-37DE-4996-9F89-EF7DD51BEAFF.jpeg

0B5A29AD-0282-45CF-8250-CE5B62BCC47F.jpeg

59560089-42EC-4AC0-BD29-982B1AE71C88.jpeg

DA2719CF-9DE5-4CFA-98EE-1894D7AAD037.jpeg

07305D47-EE75-428F-8C8F-16CE57737707.jpeg

Nice job as usual. Just curious can share what your airbrush/paint setup is like? I have a harbor freight gift card I don't know what to do with and I'm debating using it to buy some of their cheap airbrush stuff but I don't know much about airbrushing. Maybe you can do a video documenting your paint process so I could learn from it 🤣

Dammmmmm!!! Sweet paint!!! Still waiting on my Infraction to arrive at LHS...just curious what would something along that line of work go for?

Looking better and better with each body. Practice practice....practice. Hopefully your next project or 2 or 3 is you best work. :sneaky:

Nice job as usual. Just curious can share what your airbrush/paint setup is like? I have a harbor freight gift card I don't know what to do with and I'm debating using it to buy some of their cheap airbrush stuff but I don't know much about airbrushing. Maybe you can do a video documenting your paint process so I could learn from it 🤣
I wouldn’t waste money on a cheap airbrush setup if you plan to actually do some serious painting

I have 5 different airbrushes and my favorites are the badger patriot and the Iwata eclipse. I use the Iwata for most everything including this body here. I have a dual piston compressor setup(see pics) it works great and I don’t think it was very expensive. You’ll definitely want to get air/water traps as well because without them you’ll get moisture in the lines

I use createx paints for most everything these days as they’re water based and clean up very easily

here’s a few pics of my process for doing these flame jobs
Ask away if you have any questions though

I mark the outside of the body up to the pattern I want ..then lay down my color blends ..then shoot “bleed checker” down to prevent the candy colors from washing out when you lay down the chrome

then I use stencils and free hand the flames with the chrome spaz stix paint

then you just back with black after the flames are done
And that’s it

E51860DD-7753-46CF-A23F-B9378B557C40.jpeg

1A3F88F7-D2B5-4DF8-88F2-B80899B918C3.jpeg

F187172D-5C5E-4198-8F62-6A6C9F0A95AB.jpeg

6E605B4D-A15D-4BBF-B773-AA798315051A.jpeg

3F0EE588-41EF-4C89-949B-7B0BFE486846.jpeg

22B6B077-BB19-4184-8EA1-516ACAB84868.jpeg

74AEBC3F-30BF-4A5D-A9F0-3FB29A03692F.jpeg

Dammmmmm!!! Sweet paint!!! Still waiting on my Infraction to arrive at LHS...just curious what would something along that line of work go for?
The body is the most expensive part as they’re about 80$
I probably use about 20$ in paints and about 2hrs of time :)

Is there anything special about an airbrush compressor?

I have a normal 26gal compressor in my garage with nice moisture filter system inline and I use nice pressure regulators at the tool side of the line. I was wondering if it's feasible to use a 1/4npt to airbrush conversion hose with that instead of getting a separate airbrush compressor.

Really digging the blue flames. (y) The reaper came out really nice too.
Is there anything special about an airbrush compressor?

I have a normal 26gal compressor in my garage with nice moisture filter system inline and I use nice pressure regulators at the tool side of the line. I was wondering if it's feasible to use a 1/4npt to airbrush conversion hose with that instead of getting a separate airbrush
That will work fine, I use a similar setup and have no problems at all. When I was using smaller compressors made for airbrushes they would often overheat which is frustrating in the middle of a project!

Really digging the blue flames. (y) The reaper came out really nice too.

That will work fine, I use a similar setup and have no problems at all. When I was using smaller compressors made for airbrushes they would often overheat which is frustrating in the middle of a project!
Yeah..I’m going to be upgrading my compressor soon ..the only reason why I don’t use my huge compressor is the noise factor ..but any compressor will work

Thanks for the tips I appreciate it, it's kinda crazy just how much that silver/chrome brightens up the flames after the base coat. So on that note I got a question regarding backing lighter colors if you don't mind...

I have a body I will be doing when I can make the time and it's my first paint job ever. I just have spray can lexan paint and going for a gunmetal base color with some yellow/red/black design accents. I got a can of white backer to use on the yellow/red but since I see you use silver/chrome I am wondering if that will be better? I want the yellow/red to really pop against the gunmetal base.

Also maybe I should add that I plan to spray liquid mask on the whole body first then cutting out my accent areas with a hobby knife to paint first and then doing the gunmetal base last. Feel free to chime in if you have a better suggestion to my process approach.

Thanks for the tips I appreciate it, it's kinda crazy just how much that silver/chrome brightens up the flames after the base coat. So on that note I got a question regarding backing lighter colors if you don't mind...

I have a body I will be doing when I can make the time and it's my first paint job ever. I just have spray can lexan paint and going for a gunmetal base color with some yellow/red/black design accents. I got a can of white backer to use on the yellow/red but since I see you use silver/chrome I am wondering if that will be better? I want the yellow/red to really pop against the gunmetal base.

Also maybe I should add that I plan to spray liquid mask on the whole body first then cutting out my accent areas with a hobby knife to paint first and then doing the gunmetal base last. Feel free to chime in if you have a better suggestion to my process approach.
The chrome backer only really helps out with transparent colors like candy colors ..white backer is perfect for what you’re looking to do.

I’ve personally never used liquid mask before but I definitely want to try it sometime..looks like it works pretty well..I’m old school in that I just tape things off and cut the tape as needed.
When shooting out of a rattle can you just need to be very careful about keeping the coats light ..especially when taping or masking ..if you go heavy on the paint you’ll get bleed

be patient and shoot light coats and let them dry ..or use a heat gun to dry the coats ..that’s what I do

The chrome backer only really helps out with transparent colors like candy colors ..white backer is perfect for what you’re looking to do.

I’ve personally never used liquid mask before but I definitely want to try it sometime..looks like it works pretty well..I’m old school in that I just tape things off and cut the tape as needed.
When shooting out of a rattle can you just need to be very careful about keeping the coats light ..especially when taping or masking ..if you go heavy on the paint you’ll get bleed

be patient and shoot light coats and let them dry ..or use a heat gun to dry the coats ..that’s what I do
Thanks man I appreciate the tips. I have done a lot of spray can and hvlp spray gun painting before but not yet on RC lexan but it should be about the same I would think.

Liquid mask is pretty cool but the first time I tried it I used a brush to coat it on (saw a few youtube vids of it done this way) but it came out like crap. Brushing made uneven coats, left grooves from the brush strokes, and wasted more material than was needed. All of these things resulted in inconsistency when trying to cut out my patterns so I pulled the whole thing off and will wait until it's warm enough to use a hvlp gun in my garage. All that being said it did peel off perfectly so I am looking forward to using the hvlp next time.

Here’s another option

you can send it to me and I’ll paint it for you no cost
I'm in no rush and I kinda want to give it a shot myself just for the experience, but then again your work is beyond amazing.... Hmmm... let me think about it haha. Super appreciate the offer!

This is the best looking truck body Ive seen on any forum or anywhere, definitely a keeper. Anthony thanks a million for my Flamming typhon. It is perfection. Im checking this site just to see what you have posted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back