Kraton 6s Blue Kraton- I did not expect her to do this šŸ˜ƒ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly can't say I've ever thought about servicing the grease in a servo before!
Yeah Iā€™ve done that with every servo I have, itā€™s easy. I just keep getting cheap servos and am sick of them finally.
The DS630BLHV is pretty much my go-to for any Arrma 6s application. I think theyā€™re like $120.00? I have a couple 635ā€™s as well, but theyā€™re too fast for my street rigs and I end up dumbing them down quite a bit with expo, although they do have somewhat better internals. For my smaller (plastic chassis 1/10ā€™s) rigs I go with the 505, although I have one in a Typhon basher thatā€™s been awesome. Theyā€™re all great. For a Kraton Iā€™d lean toward the 630. If they have a downside I havenā€™t found it yet.
Also, I donā€™t think most people do this but after a couple or three packs open up the servo, clean the heck out of it, and repack it. John has a great video of the process. After you open it youā€™ll see the grease is grey from the break-in. Once you change it the grease seems to stay pristine forever, almost.
Ever looked into these AGFRC servos?
AGFRC 55KG Digital-Steering-Servo High-Torque Programmable - Full Metal Gear Brushless Servo for 1/8 1/10 RC Models, Control Angle 180Ā° (A86BHM&AGF-SPV3) https://a.co/d/3XLQs2g

Attachments

• 1B4DD610-868F-4F9D-9CAE-941123C66219.png
    1B4DD610-868F-4F9D-9CAE-941123C66219.png
    437.5 KB · Views: 23
My wife keeps track of deals on Amazon and last night asked me if this was a good price for a Kraton. Sheā€™s done that with several cars lately so it didnā€™t surprise me. The granite that one on sale for $295 (she actually said she wanted another car and likes the granite), 6s typhon that went on sale for $450 and a couple others sheā€™s mentioned.

I guess she was just waiting for the right reaction from me and I mustā€™ve given it when she showed me the Kratonā€¦thatā€™s really what I want next and I love the blue one! Price is decent also.

Early this morning Iā€™m going through Amazon and see that its is arriving tonight by 8 PM šŸ˜‚ WHAT?!? man o man! Just wow I love her. I got a feeling that she is interested in it also so Iā€™m going to make this one our shared car, ā€˜ourā€™ Kraton. I have all these 3s cars and a notorious Im still working on while she just has a Big Rock. I think she wants to take part in a 6s car also. Itā€™ll be cool šŸ˜Š

View attachment 214774

View attachment 214775
I love the great wives stories on the AF. Sometimes it makes me wanna get one...then its like...what are the chances of getting one of these. Naahhhhhhhhhhhh :ROFLMAO: :sneaky:

I love the great wives stories on the AF. Sometimes it makes me wanna get one...then its like...what are the chances of getting one of these. Naahhhhhhhhhhhh :ROFLMAO: :sneaky:
I got really lucky with my second chance. After 25 years in a rather rough marriage, and after my wifeā€™s 11 years in an extremely rough marriage, we are both very happy with each other. Everything that we have been through in life has made us for each other.šŸ˜Š

Iā€™m extra lucky because she fully supports my hobbies. Just as I fully support her and the kids arts and crafts hobbies. Sometimes our hobbies even cross. Especially with my rock tumbling/jewelry making hobby. She completely understands my frustration with subpar servos, so she is on board with me spending a bill or more to get a decent one finally.

Last edited:
Thanks man! Both servos say in the details that it not good to run off the BEC. So that means Iā€™d have to run a separate lipo to power it? Is that what you do?
Ah, jeezā€¦. If Johnā€™s monitoring this weā€™re both getting a lecture, but: the only servo I run on a dedicated LiPo is one of his 1/5th servos that draw mad amps. Thatā€™s on my DBXL-E. All 3 of my 630ā€™s are running on the receiver. One is on the stock Spektrum electronics and the other two are running on Max 6 ESCā€™S. Iā€˜ve never had issues with either setup. No brownouts, glitches, or anything. I did read that someone had one in a NOTO RTR and he said if he fired it up and then sat there on the pavement while violently going LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT than it would glitch and the ESC would reboot. Iā€™ve never experienced that. Everything John says about the need to run a ā€œcleanā€ dedicated power source for best results really canā€™t be argued with (heā€™s way smartier than me) but Iā€™ve never had any issues whatsoever running off the receivers. Also, heā€™s a fly-guy and if his servos glitch his sh*t falls out of the sky and he has really bad, expensive day. We mere surface mortals donā€™t have that live-or-die stress attached to our servos. If it were me, Iā€™d buy his freaking awesome 630, plug it into my receiver, and never look back. Your results may vary, void where prohibited, if death occurs discontinue use and consult a mortuary immediately.
Further, if you do decide to run off the receiver, the higher the volts the better it likes it as long as your receiver can take 8.4v. But mine also runs great off the Spektrum receiver at 7.4v.

Ah, jeezā€¦. If Johnā€™s monitoring this weā€™re both getting a lecture, but: the only servo I run on a dedicated LiPo is one of his 1/5th servos that draw mad amps. Thatā€™s on my DBXL-E. All 3 of my 630ā€™s are running on the receiver. One is on the stock Spektrum electronics and the other two are running on Max 6 ESCā€™S. Iā€˜ve never had issues with either setup. No brownouts, glitches, or anything. I did read that someone had one in a NOTO RTR and he said if he fired it up and then sat there on the pavement while violently going LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT-LEFT-RIGHT than it would glitch and the ESC would reboot. Iā€™ve never experienced that. Everything John says about the need to run a ā€œcleanā€ dedicated power source for best results really canā€™t be argued with (heā€™s way smartier than me) but Iā€™ve never had any issues whatsoever running off the receivers. Also, heā€™s a fly-guy and if his servos glitch his sh*t falls out of the sky and he has really bad, expensive day. We mere surface mortals donā€™t have that live-or-die stress attached to our servos. If it were me, Iā€™d buy his freaking awesome 630, plug it into my receiver, and never look back. Your results may vary, void where prohibited, if death occurs discontinue use and consult a mortuary immediately.
Further, if you do decide to run off the receiver, the higher the volts the better it likes it as long as your receiver can take 8.4v. But mine also runs great off the Spektrum receiver at 7.4v.
I went with the AGFRC. After reading his entire narcissistic rant on the Promodler site, I just wasnā€™t interested anymore. If I have issues with a servo, he basically clarified that nearly every scenario would not pass for warranty consideration. And the way he carried on and on about everything, coming down so hard on others and making it clear the individual servo owner meant very littleā€¦yeah, it rubbed me wrong. At least I have Amazons 30 day warranty and the basic agfrc warranty read ok. I know promodeler servos are excellent, their just not for me.

I put a $100 servo in this thing and thatā€™s it. Drove it once and shelved her. I just couldnā€™t handle the carrying weight with my nerve, neck, back issues were getting worse by the day and I was also getting hit with frustration and borderline depression.
7 months and 3 surgeries later, suddenly all I want to do is drive my Kraton and Noto. Well, the Noto servo died so I took the Kraton out and ran a pack through her. Manā€¦itā€™s like falling in love again lol. So itā€™s time to get the Noto in shape as well, shelve my 4s builds for a bit and enjoy these beasties.

I put a $100 servo in this thing and thatā€™s it. Drove it once and shelved her. I just couldnā€™t handle the carrying weight with my nerve, neck, back issues were getting worse by the day and I was also getting hit with frustration and borderline depression.
7 months and 3 surgeries later, suddenly all I want to do is drive my Kraton and Noto. Well, the Noto servo died so I took the Kraton out and ran a pack through her. Manā€¦itā€™s like falling in love again lol. So itā€™s time to get the Noto in shape as well, shelve my 4s builds for a bit and enjoy these beasties.
RC can be great therapy. It definitely can help me get my brain realigned, as well as my mood sometimes. Recoveries can take a lot out of you, mentally and physically. Hang in there and enjoy the trucks, man!

Glad you're back to enjoying the beasts!! Keep on movin' forward bud!! (y) šŸ˜ āœŒļø

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back