Kraton 6s Blue Kraton- I did not expect her to do this 😃

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottom BB is sandwiched, pressed snug between the output shaft and the potentiometer. You can leave as is. Not an issue. The top BB is the focus because only this one has that poor fitting O-ring. The upper case contributes much to this also. No recess for the O-ring, so it gets pressed hard into the unshielded BB.
I see you got to that upper BB O-ring. If you place it over the BB you can see that it will sit inside the race and against the BB cage and bind up the BB.
Try the fit with and without the O-ring, you will see how the BB locks up with the O-ring. I see this with many brands of Servos. Expensive ones also.
Futaba's however, for instance are made much better by comparison. And this does not happen.
Thanks again man. I tried it and could tell a slight difference. Not having done this before I don’t have a feel for it yet, but I’ve 2 of the similar brand 25kg ones that failed last year I’ll practice on eventually. I’ll be installing the one I worked on soon as the servo mount arrives.
potentiometer…I’ll google that later😂

I changed my mind. It’s almost done so why hold things up. I installed the hot racing braces and finished assembling. Decided to run the rpm bumper out back and put a new basher bumper up front. Put on a set of wheels on the wing I forgot I had from the Noto and used better grub screws for the wheel hex. I hate weak stock rc grub screws and how they strip so easy so I always change them out. I used 5mm, 12.9 grubs with 243 loctite here..

I’ll calibrate and run it tomorrow. When the rest of the parts come in next month I’ll install those along the BasherQueen items I hadn’t got to yet. Till then I’ll enjoy and try not to break it.

AE326917-A7B7-4389-86DC-C69D766456D5.jpeg

DCA66F04-F02F-468C-8CB4-1AB36E58D99F.jpeg

FB582F2B-FE1E-4C39-BF84-884393FBBE7B.jpeg

😊 first run went beautifully! What an amazing car, even on 4S it absolutely rips. Cant wait to try the 6s battery! Now that I know what a 6S car is supposed to sound and feel like I understand what I need to do with my old Notorious. I need to throw all new differentials in. I have them and will get started on it before long. Right now I’m being distracted by my old voltages, getting one of those into shape real quick.

FEF31BB7-ADBE-418F-A6CF-B4C84E0F08F6.jpeg

8F830CE5-212D-4CCF-8F98-D04260E634F2.jpeg

6BBC571A-AE14-4365-87C5-99D5415F332A.jpeg

I need to drive my 6s cars more often. I know them know mechanically, just need to get out more and get used to them. I’ve been so stuck on 3s cars these last two years. Then I built my own version of a v2, 4s car and love it. The power and handling is just amazing and it’s making me think more about my Noto and Kraton.

When my wife got me the Kraton I also picked up some GPM and basher queen parts but never installed them. Aside from hot racing braces I just did all the routine stuff. So it’s time to pull her apart and finish.

7DDA8A25-E5B1-4F41-B217-AE5B35607AD8.jpeg

I need to drive my 6s cars more often. I know them know mechanically, just need to get out more and get used to them. I’ve been so stuck on 3s cars these last two years. Then I built my own version of a v2, 4s car and love it. The power and handling is just amazing and it’s making me think more about my Noto and Kraton.

When my wife got me the Kraton I also picked up some GPM and basher queen parts but never installed them. Aside from hot racing braces I just did all the routine stuff. So it’s time to pull her apart and finish.

View attachment 258749
Absolutely!!😍

I need to drive my 6s cars more often.

View attachment 258749
I feel you, man. I haven’t been doing anything lately but wrenching (when I have time) and haven’t even run a single rig for a couple of months. Then last week I ran with my nephew, and we did again last night. Felt good to go have some fun!

I feel you, man. I haven’t been doing anything lately but wrenching (when I have time) and haven’t even run a single rig for a couple of months. Then last week I ran with my nephew, and we did again last night. Felt good to go have some fun!
Yep, I have been watching your adventure lol. That has one gorgeous car your building. We’ve had rain and cloudy cold for the last several weeks so Ive only run my parts bin typhon a few times. Not willing to get my other cars wet. but the sun is out for the first time in a while and the next week looks nice.

Yep, I have been watching your adventure lol. That has one gorgeous car your building. We’ve had rain and cloudy cold for the last several weeks so Ive only run my parts bin typhon a few times. Not willing to get my other cars wet. but the sun is out for the first time in a while and the next week looks nice.
Hmmm, I may have just confused you with Ron Burgandy 😂

Hmmm, I may have just confused you with Ron Burgandy 😂
674A2545-5BBC-4C1D-B5A4-065A3184F643.jpeg

Happens all the time. 😂 🙄 Here was the start of my current build. Typhon speed runner. It’s changed a bit, and I’m flipping the mount so I can get a longer can in there. I’ll have a build thread soon.

View attachment 258836
Happens all the time. 😂 🙄 Here was the start of my current build. Typhon speed runner. It’s changed a bit, and I’m flipping the mount so I can get a longer can in there. I’ll have a build thread soon.
Okay, I’ve been watching both of your guys builds. Very nice!

The Kraton is pretty much done. I have to secure wires and re-glue one of the tires. I put in Hot Racing chassis braces, GPM front hinge pin retainers, bell crank, servo mount and link. Basher Queen Ackerman bar, top plate, gaskets and servo saver. I put washers in the BQ Ackerman bar and they worked out just as good as putting them in the M2C Ackerman bar on my Noto. Smooth as butter. Also put in a Dumbo receiver and 14t pinion.

Man, these DKKY fans are very powerful. For just $15 (on sale) I’m impressed with what I got and am glad I got 2 sets. It’s nice that they included balance plug adapters for both 2 and 3S. The integrated on/off switch is cool as well.

D81DA8D1-B68D-406E-A71D-8FD3FD275CCE.jpeg

8372536C-31A3-4C14-8179-F736153AD627.jpeg

EE2A3B12-67E0-41CA-9AF3-74B00C02AEDA.jpeg

FFCE1A90-2FFD-4F3F-B86E-5D35EFCC7DF8.jpeg

Took it out for a shakedown and all was running extremely well until the new servo took a crap. It lasted a little less than 10 minutes. It first started chattering back-and-forth real quick, then it stopped turning right and then it stopped working all together. I know a lot folks I swear by these, but I don’t know. I am returning it and will try another one. Hopefully it’s just a fluke.

Everything else is running well and I absolutely love these dual DKKY fans! Can’t believe they’re only 20 bucks for the set. Very powerful and the on\off switch is nice.

10689897-F37C-4E03-B973-5D55C9C3D300.png

😑 so I was driving the Kraton around on 6s when I noticed the steering was acting goofy. It would only steer while at speed and was tweaking a bit. Then the car died. I turned it back on and it wouldn’t ‘fire up’. After a bit I gave up and started thinking evil things about the 150esc. I’ve already had one go up in smoke so figure this one died as well.

Then I remembered…originally I was going to put the servo in the above post in it, but then the JX servo on my Noto fried so I put it in that car and put the stock s652 back in this one. So I am hoping that the servo is causing the esc issues. I’ll pull the servo this weekend and confirm 🤞 if it is, what should I put in there? I’m limited cost wise, can’t really spend more then $75 on it. Maybe I should wait till I can get a $100+ servo for it? What servo would be best?

From a budget standpoint it’s really tough to beat those 35KG Amazon servos you referenced above. If you wait and want to spend up all the milk money I’d highly recommend the ProModeler DS630BLHV. Or the DS505BLHV, a great deal at $99.00 and plenty of servo for a Kraton. A little less torque than the 630, but a little faster. Or, go silly and get the DS635BLHV if you want the best, fastest, strongest, etc., but note that the 635 is now made with a 15t spline, so be sure and grab one of John’s servo horns to go with it. All of his servos meet several MIL specs and, as a defense contractor, are used in myriad military drones for many diverse and sometimes nefarious purposes. 😊 Tough to beat that sales pitch!

From a budget standpoint it’s really tough to beat those 35KG Amazon servos you referenced above. If you wait and want to spend up all the milk money I’d highly recommend the ProModeler DS630BLHV. Or the DS505BLHV, a great deal at $99.00 and plenty of servo for a Kraton. A little less torque than the 630, but a little faster. Or, go silly and get the DS635BLHV if you want the best, fastest, strongest, etc., but note that the 635 is now made with a 15t spline, so be sure and grab one of John’s servo horns to go with it. All of his servos meet several MIL specs and, as a defense contractor, are used in myriad military drones for many diverse and sometimes nefarious purposes. 😊 Tough to beat that sales pitch!
Yes, promodler is on my radar. I have read through his posts and heard a lot of good about them being reliable. I don’t need the speed as much as I need the torque though so which one would you recommend? I don’t want to get another one of the Amazon servos. I had two of those fail so far. Thanks man!!

Yes, promodler is on my radar. I have read through his posts and heard a lot of good about them being reliable. I don’t need the speed as much as I need the torque though so which one would you recommend? I don’t want to get another one of the Amazon servos. I had two of those fail so far. Thanks man!!
The DS630BLHV is pretty much my go-to for any Arrma 6s application. I think they’re like $120.00? I have a couple 635’s as well, but they’re too fast for my street rigs and I end up dumbing them down quite a bit with expo, although they do have somewhat better internals. For my smaller (plastic chassis 1/10’s) rigs I go with the 505, although I have one in a Typhon basher that’s been awesome. They’re all great. For a Kraton I’d lean toward the 630. If they have a downside I haven’t found it yet.
Also, I don’t think most people do this but after a couple or three packs open up the servo, clean the heck out of it, and repack it. John has a great video of the process. After you open it you’ll see the grease is grey from the break-in. Once you change it the grease seems to stay pristine forever, almost.

The DS630BLHV is pretty much my go-to for any Arrma 6s application. I think they’re like $120.00? I have a couple 635’s as well, but they’re too fast for my street rigs and I end up dumbing them down quite a bit with expo, although they do have somewhat better internals. For my smaller (plastic chassis 1/10’s) rigs I go with the 505, although I have one in a Typhon basher that’s been awesome. They’re all great. For a Kraton I’d lean toward the 630. If they have a downside I haven’t found it yet.
Also, I don’t think most people do this but after a couple or three packs open up the servo, clean the heck out of it, and repack it. John has a great video of the process. After you open it you’ll see the grease is grey from the break-in. Once you change it the grease seems to stay pristine forever, almost.
Thanks man! Both servos say in the details that it not good to run off the BEC. So that means I’d have to run a separate lipo to power it? Is that what you do?

Good thing is it’s definitely the stock Servo causing the issues. I just unplugged it and all is fine with the esc now. What do you think about Raz perfect pass monster servo?

Honestly can't say I've ever thought about servicing the grease in a servo before!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back