Granite BLX Battery and wire management/securing Granite/Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eluder

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
So I have a Granite and a Senton BLX that I am struggling to keep everything secure on. I am sending this thing a skate park so yeah its taking some big hits but that's why I own it so...

My first rig was my Senton (For Sale as a roller). I would chuck batteries every time I used this rig. The main reason for me moving to granite was I drive a lot in Gravel and a Short Coarse just gets too much junk inside for my liking.

I have moved on to a Granite which is working out for me other than the battery wire got stuck between the battery and drive shaft and ripped up the positive lead.

What am I doing wrong. I quit putting the wire under the velcro battery retainers because this was inhibiting holding the battery. Anybody doing anything special, anybody think I am idiot and want to show me how to do it right?

Get a set of longer straps and keep putting the ESC / battery wires in the velcro. ??

The guts from this should be very similar to my Typhon, in which case there's a small clip right above/behind the battery box, towards the rear of the vehicle. Have you been using this to secure the battery wires? It should help keep everything in place without using the velcro straps. I've been using the velcro straps for mine and haven't had an issue, however, I also haven't taken mine to a skatepark.... yet. Good luck.

The guts from this should be very similar to my Typhon, in which case there's a small clip right above/behind the battery box, towards the rear of the vehicle. Have you been using this to secure the battery wires? It should help keep everything in place without using the velcro straps. I've been using the velcro straps for mine and haven't had an issue, however, I also haven't taken mine to a skatepark.... yet. Good luck.
If you are referring to the plastic clip on the power module, I would caution you not to use that. Reason is if your straps let go, there’s a good chance that clip will yank out your lipo wire. Don’t ask me how I found this out ???

I have used the clip and not used the clip, I think the impact after landing backflips and big jumps is slamming the wires where they shouldn't be.... Hard to source small cheap parts locally currently.

I was referring to those. Good to know, and also quite unfortunate. I suppose another option is to rotate your ESC or move it to the bottom of the chassis, behind the motor. There's a thread about that in here and also a video on Youtube. Not my idea. Doing that may provide other ways of securing the wires.

I wonder if adding a center brace from a 6S model would be beneficial for this. If nothing else, you could attach the wires to that using it's own velcro strap. I'm not sure what's needed aside from the center brace but I know it's doable. At least on the Typhon so hopefully also on the Granite/Senton.

I wonder if adding a center brace from a 6S model would be beneficial for this. If nothing else, you could attach the wires to that using it's own velcro strap. I'm not sure what's needed aside from the center brace but I know it's doable. At least on the Typhon so hopefully also on the Granite/Senton.
You can add the center brace from the 4S rigs on all 3S rigs except the Typhon due to the low body height. If you cut the Typhon body, you could still make it work.

Good to know. I may look into doing that at some point. Might even look at getting the body and mounts to change to a Granite. I love the look of the Typhon but the low body height is challenging at times.

Do you think that may be a solution for securing the battery/ESC leads?

Good to know. I may look into doing that at some point. Might even look at getting the body and mounts to change to a Granite. I love the look of the Typhon but the low body height is challenging at times.

Do you think that may be a solution for securing the battery/ESC leads?
image.jpg

looks like you have to swap out shock towers?
Body mounts yes, towers no. Someone else did this mod and chronicled all the parts needed. I will try to find it for you as I’m too lazy to make the list myself ?✌?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back