BLX issues with ESC??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makkulatur

Reaction score
Dear Community,
I hope you can help me and may son to get back to running Arrma Granite BLX.

It used to run quite ok but we had to put it aside for some months due to battery issues. We cam from NiMH and switched evntually to LiPo's. Changed the ESC setting to Lipo back then and everything was fine. Now however, after a few months break, we got fresh batteries and when I switch on the ESC (an Arrma BLX 85) I only get a red light flashing.
The car does not react to any commands from the controller (neither steering nor throttle). The only sign of life is, after switching on, there's a short jerk in the steering servo...

I have checked the following steps to understnad and narrow doen the issue:

- fresh batteiries in remote and car (voltage checked -->ok)
- Car's battery is a Zeee LiPo 7,4V 5200mAh, 2s
- right connection of receiver
- new pairing of receiver and remote
- motor wiring double checked

Would anyone be able to tell, what the flashing red light indicates and how to typically resolve this problem?

Thank you so much for helping!

Christian

Dear Community,
I hope you can help me and may son to get back to running Arrma Granite BLX.

It used to run quite ok but we had to put it aside for some months due to battery issues. We cam from NiMH and switched evntually to LiPo's. Changed the ESC setting to Lipo back then and everything was fine. Now however, after a few months break, we got fresh batteries and when I switch on the ESC (an Arrma BLX 85) I only get a red light flashing.
The car does not react to any commands from the controller (neither steering nor throttle). The only sign of life is, after switching on, there's a short jerk in the steering servo...

I have checked the following steps to understnad and narrow doen the issue:

- fresh batteiries in remote and car (voltage checked -->ok)
- Car's battery is a Zeee LiPo 7,4V 5200mAh, 2s
- right connection of receiver
- new pairing of receiver and remote
- motor wiring double checked

Would anyone be able to tell, what the flashing red light indicates and how to typically resolve this problem?

Thank you so much for helping!

Christian
What were the cell voltages? What did you use to check voltage?

I used a default voltmeter on the battery pins, showing 8,2V. also checked the voltage output from the controller to the receiver, this showed 6V.

Thank you
8.2V doesn’t represent a full charge. You need to measure individual cell voltages as well as one could be unbalanced and dragging the whole pack down. Best thing is to have a lipo checker. They are $10 and easy to find. They will show you more granular cell info very easily.

Will es to cycle the new lipo‘s a few times.
Throttle is centered on the remote, however steering does not react either. Only the initial centering after switching on
Thx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back