BLX100 - At a loss for high temps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I’m an idiot. My diff issue wasn’t because of the diff oil.

When I swapped diff fluid I tightened the diff case too much. The “lid” of the diff case flared out enough from being so tight that it was rubbing on the input gear.

At least that’s solved. Lol.

Check your wheel/axle bearings. Not sure where you bash, but I found that I had bits of long grass (I think it was actually bits of blackberry vine) bound up between one of the hexes on my Granite BLX and the bearing causing one wheel to be stiff to turn. And the outer wheel bearing opposite had failed internally and feels like a crusty old motor when you spin it.

Might also go through all your bearings and check 'em out. I had a combination of Fast Eddy and Traxxas bearings installed and have had two brand new sealed bearings fail in under a month. One at my slipper that just fell apart when I opened the casing to change pinion, and the wheel bearing above.

Might also go through all your bearings and check 'em out. I had a combination of Fast Eddy and Traxxas bearings installed and have had two brand new sealed bearings fail in under a month. One at my slipper that just fell apart when I opened the casing to change pinion, and the wheel bearing above.

In my experience, those are the ones that fail most frequently. Just a good idea to have spares on hand and check them after every dirt run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back