Outcast (BLX185) Motor suddenly stopped on 3S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceres1940

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just got an old BLX185 AR390211 ESC from marketplace.
But i have a problem where my motor always stops after 3 seconds of use when using 3s battery and the led flashes red slowly.
Everything works normally when using 4s battery

Does anyone has solution?

I use radiolink rc4gs transmitter with hobbywing xerun 2200kv motor

Edited : I forgot to say that i use 3s 5300mah 100c 3s2p battery. And also when I connect the 3s battery with the 2s battery so that it becomes 5s battery, Esc works normally.

the problem just occur if i use 3s single battery

thanks before

Last edited:
I have run a single 3s with my 185 before. No issues. Sounds like a lipo issue considering you get a flashing red led. What kind of 3s lipo you running?

What are your ESC settings. Punch, LVC etc. I use a HW program box with my BLX185. Easier to navigate ESC settings quickly even out in the field.

Not to split hairs between 35c and 50c. But 50c+ may be a better choice. And "supposed" legit C ratings are all over the place depending on a lipo Brand.

You might want to try to set the esc program to 3s. It might think it hit lvc on 3s when in auto voltage setting.
How can i set it?
Are you trying to use one 3s battery on it? What size is that 3s?
Yes, i wanna use one 3s battery on it. I use acron racing mad series 5300mah with 100c burst..
I have run a single 3s with my 185 before. No issues. Sounds like a lipo issue considering you get a flashing red led. What kind of 3s lipo you running?

What are your ESC settings. Punch, LVC etc. I use a HW program box with my BLX185. Easier to navigate ESC settings quickly even out in the field.
I use acron racing mad series 5300mah 100c 2s 3s2p.. The battery can run normally in another esc.

i set punch, lvc etc in default.. should i change it?
The 185blx is also 5000mah 35c minimum battery strength requirements
Not to split hairs between 35c and 50c. But 50c+ may be a better choice. And "supposed" legit C ratings are all over the place depending on a lipo Brand.
yeah just wanna try another battery tomorrow

Edited : I forgot to say that i use 3s 5300mah 100c 3s2p battery. And also when I connect the 3s battery with the 2s battery so that it becomes 5s battery, Esc works normally.

Thanks.. i'll try it..

5s has traditionally not worked with the 185 esc. Unless you can disable LVC and put it into Nimpack mode. Older variants of the 185 had that ability to use Nimpacks. Even then, in theory it shouldn't initialize. The manual clearly states 3s,4s and 6s lipo configurations. 5s voltage can be a good sweetspot for many rigs. I agree. But not many OE ESC's will do this. And a 2s and 3s in Series must be exactly matched lipos, both capacity wise and C rating wise. IMO.

Last edited:

Thanks.. i'll try it..
Yet that single 3s works in other rigs?
Stumpt....

Yet that single 3s works in other rigs?
Stumpt....
Yes.. that 3s battery works normally im another rig..

Does it chime three times for 3s when u turn it on??
yes it chime three times when i turn it on..
the motor works about 5 second after that suddenly stopped

by the way i make a video to describe my problem

Last edited:
The video says it all. (y)

Do you have another different 3s around for a test? Do you have another blx185 esc to compare?

3s works in all my blx185 ESC's. With stocker Arrma 2050 motors. I'm perplexed.
ESC issue. :unsure: What else could it be?
I run mostly 4s and 6s though. 3s is not enough speed for me. But I it works with all my 185's.

Can you list all your 185 ESC settings as they are right now?
Might help some.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back