BLX185 slash 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Put my replacement Blx system into my old slash. Waiting on new mod1 spur gear.

Attachments

• 01A0C16C-4653-49E1-9583-9FDE907D6F9E.jpeg
    01A0C16C-4653-49E1-9583-9FDE907D6F9E.jpeg
    368.5 KB · Views: 215
  • CD9647FD-0532-4BC5-B8F6-AEAE79B12DB4.jpeg
    CD9647FD-0532-4BC5-B8F6-AEAE79B12DB4.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 113
Nice! That motor is gonna rip that slash apart starting with the slipper clutch. If that survives, those drive shafts are going to explode into plastic shrapnel! They come apart on the VLX system. Get it on video!

It already has the erevo slipper clutch upgrade and mip heavy duty steel drive shafts. Might have to put in XO-1 diff in once the stock ones explode. Waiting on a 42t steel spur and 14t pinion. It won’t make triple digits with the hcg chassis and a truck body.

Nice! That motor is gonna rip that slash apart starting with the slipper clutch. If that survives, those drive shafts are going to explode into plastic shrapnel! They come apart on the VLX system. Get it on video!

The Slash 4x4 might be the most versatile RC that exists. I own one and have spent a lot of time on the Traxxas forums. There are people who put massive 10,000 watt TP power motors in the Slash. There is an absurd amount of 3rd party parts available for the Slash to make it stronger. The Slash can be upgraded like no other car, but out of the box it comes with a ton of garbage parts and after upgrading it you will easily find that the car costs $1,000 and still doesn't have the durability of a $500 8th scale Arrma.

Just saw 35c minimum for blx system. Double stacking the Traxxas batteries will probably not work. Is it a huge problem? Traxxas batteries are 25c.

Just saw 35c minimum for blx system. Double stacking the Traxxas batteries will probably not work. Is it a huge problem? Traxxas batteries are 25c.

I doubt it. C ratings are usually not accurate anyhow. The Traxxas batteries I have used work better than a lot of others. I bet they will work at least as well as a lot of "35c" batteries.

Traxxas 25C batteries is just like the Traxxas E-Revo being listed as a 1/10th scale car: its flat out wrong but Traxxas doesn't care. Even Castle Creations support says to use a minimum of 50C batteries but then specifically mentions that Traxxas 25C batteries are also acceptable.

Its going to be very hard to fit the BLX 4074 2050KV motor in the 4x4 Stampede because of the short chassis.
I would have to mount the esc sideways.

DON'T USE THE TRAXXAS BATTERIES WITH THE ARRMA BLX185. You have been warned, they will pop and cause damage, see picture. This is from traxxas 3s 25C 5000mah lipos.
20170405_152123.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back