Body clips are not fun- anyone tried using magnets instead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are pretty cool if you don't mind drilling a massive hole in your body

https://www.amazon.com/STETION-Rele...6996&sprefix=1.25+quick+releas,aps,103&sr=8-2

quick release Capture.PNG

rear posts.PNG

I've seen @BullyBreed RC use these on bashers and they seem to do really well. I even saw him crash his infraction with them and they held up. Kind of expensive but I think I will try them.

I've seen @BullyBreed RC use these on bashers and they seem to do really well. I even saw him crash his infraction with them and they held up. Kind of expensive but I think I will try them.

Only thing I noticed is that there is some play up and down due to the ball and cup design. The body will be locked on till you hit the release button, but there is some wiggle room there. It is not ideal for Speed runners for that reason unless you are taping the sides of the body to help remove that 2mm wiggle.

Only thing I noticed is that there is some play up and down due to the ball and cup design. The body will be locked on till you hit the release button, but there is some wiggle room there. It is not ideal for Speed runners for that reason unless you are taping the sides of the body to help remove that 2mm wiggle.
The set that I have doesn't have any wiggle. At least not yet. After a few spills... probably 🤣

Ah, I just noticed... Did yours come with the extra springs? I used them and thats probably why I don't have and wiggle room. They add better tension

20220523_223043.jpg

Ah, I just noticed... Did yours come with the extra springs? I used them and thats probably why I don't have and wiggle room. They add better tension

View attachment 219349

Oh wow mine didn't come with those parts. I'll have to look for one sold with those parts next time.

Oh wow mine didn't come with those parts. I'll have to look for one sold with those parts next time.
The other route I go is 5/16 bolts for posts. Then space with nuts and washers. I swapped to wing nuts for ease of use though. My only complaint about the nuts and bolts is speed of removal. They stay on really well... but only come off as fast as you can twist haha! No big deal until smoke is coming from the rc

The other route I go is 5/16 bolts for posts. Then space with nuts and washers. I swapped to wing nuts for ease of use though. My only complaint about the nuts and bolts is speed of removal. They stay on really well... but only come off as fast as you can twist haha! No big deal until smoke is coming from the rc

I bet you use one of these to tack in brads too...dontcha?! :ROFLMAO:
gallagher smash the like GIF by Scott Gelber

I bet you use one of these to tack in brads too...dontcha?! :ROFLMAO:
gallagher smash the like GIF by Scott Gelber
I mean... you laugh because you think it's overkill. I laugh because people are paying $15 for proline thumb screws and I paid $8 for this at the hardware store. And I don't use brads... 16 penny nails or nothing

I mean... you laugh because you think it's overkill. I laugh because people are paying $15 for proline thumb screws and I paid $8 for this at the hardware store. And I don't use brads... 16 penny nails or nothing
All in good fun mate ;-)

All in good fun mate ;-)
Absolutely 👊🏿
All in good fun mate ;-)
The idea really came from losing an entire set of the proline thumb screws in 3 days. I bought them and posted in a group with excitement. Some guy rains on my parade and says "you're gonna lose all of them"... he was right and now some of my rigs have wing nuts 🤷🏿‍♂️🤣

I'm more into the aerodynamic sleek options for the sports car bodies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back