Bought a new 8s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast Eddie55

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
I bought a new kraton 8s I have not ran it yet I am currently researching batteries and charging systems. Any help is appreciated. I am new to lipo I have been reading up on them for about a month. I was thinking about the Imars d300. Still undecided on batteries. I was wanting to start with two sets one set middle of the road and one set higher end. With a lipo bag and a metal box for storage charging, charging,discharge, and balance charging. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to avoid any rookie mistakes. Thanks in advance.

I bought a new kraton 8s I have not ran it yet I am currently researching batteries and charging systems. Any help is appreciated. I am new to lipo I have been reading up on them for about a month. I was thinking about the Imars d300. Still undecided on batteries. I was wanting to start with two sets one set middle of the road and one set higher end. With a lipo bag and a metal box for storage charging, charging,discharge, and balance charging. Any help from you would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to avoid any rookie mistakes. Thanks in advance.
I have the IMars 300 and like it alot.

your going to love it its a beast for sure I put a 26t pinion on and turned the punch up to 8 runs great. thats if its the kraton 8s exb rtr of course

I'd say the iMARS D300 charger is a solid choice, as are the new G-tech "smart" batteries from Gens. What's the budget? That is what will determine your path, well, would determine mine anyways. LOL.
The SMC batteries are also a solid choice.. the Gen's and SMC batteries are a bit pricey IMO. As a budget minded guy, I would recommend CNHL's.
Go as high on "C" ratings as your budget will allow, the big ole girl does pull some amps (K8S). I bought a set of Zeee 7200mah 120C batteries specifically for my K8S, they should have kept up fine, but did not. They fell flat on their arse in the Kraton w/ 1100kv 5687 motor. Oddly, my Spektrum 5000mah 100C batteries have no problem running the truck.. I suspect the Zeee batteries I received were defective, Zeee refunded my money, I bought a pair of CNHL's, which have been great.

Last edited:
He knew what he was doing! 🤣
I'm still interested in the Vigilante, however, I just had a day off yesterday, and it was beautiful outside here. I got a couple runs in with the Gravix equipped Xmaxx, and the K8S.. firstly, the Gravix tires are kickass, thanks again bro! Secondly, the K8S is just straight beast!! Man, such a bruiser!! 🤘 :cool: :p I wish I could put the Gravix tires on the K8S.. well, maybe, not sure they could handle the force TBH. But something similar would really do it justice for my use. I'm still debating between Choppers and Terraforms for the K8S. I think the Choppers would be better. IDK. Big chunky knobbies don't do much on hardpack clay.

Wow! Pricing has come down?! Sweet! $150 for a set, no brainer!!👌🍻
SERIOUSLY! I looked up zee to link him and saw the price was actually more expensive than those smc lipo and almost fainted. :ROFLMAO:

SERIOUSLY! I looked up zee to link him and saw the price was actually more expensive than those smc lipo and almost fainted. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I remember the SMC 8400's being $75 apiece last time I looked. While I have had generally good results with the Zeee's, that last batch left me a bit sour. They refunded me, so, all good. But I'd just assume buy something else going forward.

I'm still interested in the Vigilante, however, I just had a day off yesterday, and it was beautiful outside here. I got a couple runs in with the Gravix equipped Xmaxx, and the K8S.. firstly, the Gravix tires are kickass, thanks again bro! Secondly, the K8S is just straight beast!! Man, such a bruiser!! 🤘 :cool: :p I wish I could put the Gravix tires on the K8S.. well, maybe, not sure they could handle the force TBH. But something similar would really do it justice for my use. I'm still debating between Choppers and Terraforms for the K8S. I think the Choppers would be better. IDK. Big chunky knobbies don't do much on hardpack clay.
I tried the choppers once so far in the 12s xrt and they balloon so much more than the mx43's. I think the gravix would not end well on the kraton. The stock electronics are stronger and the rig is heavier, I think those tires would come right off the rim sadly. love the mojave terraforms for so many different rigs but I didn't like the MT version as much. Nothing really wrong with them but they're definitely not light. Never tried the 1//5th version, I know duperbash or rcdude (always get them mixed up) has a video of bashing with the terraforms on a kraton 8s iirc.

I tried the choppers once so far in the 12s xrt and they balloon so much more than the mx43's. I think the gravix would not end well on the kraton. The stock electronics are stronger and the rig is heavier, I think those tires would come right off the rim sadly. love the mojave terraforms for so many different rigs but I didn't like the MT version as much. Nothing really wrong with them but they're definitely not light. Never tried the 1//5th version, I know duperbash or rcdude (always get them mixed up) has a video of bashing with the terraforms on a kraton 8s iirc.
Good info! Thanks!! Yeah, I'm not sold on either yet TBH. I remember the disappointment you had with the broken adapters, that, at the time Jconcepts wasn't even offering for sale.. I can definitely appreciate the quality of the Prolines, just that I don't think the tread patterns they offer are going to work for me. Maybe the Mashers, not sure about those. As to the Jconcepts Choppers, IDK how many screws they use on the beadlocks. I know Proline uses 20 screws per wheel on the Pro-locs. While the weight of a single 3x20mm steel screw may seem moot, 80 of them per set of wheels sure adds up. I still have a theory that replacing the steel screws with aluminum could save a good bit of weight. Keeping in mind this is unsprung weight, and rotating mass..could really make a difference for ground control. Likely would hurt air control, but that's not my thing.

....I stand corrected, looks like both the Proline and the Jconcept wheels are using 40 screws per wheel, WOW!! That has got to be a big percentage of total weight I would say?! No wonder these things are "diff destroyers", LOL.

Last edited:
It was on the list but it came down to parts availability and support. This forum is a very big reason for my final decision.
A fine choice I think. Support is generally lacking for the Redcat stuff. As much as I enjoy my Kaiju, there isn't much out there for upgrade parts or even discussion TBH. I think a big part of the Kaiju's popularity is because of this very forum! The Vigilante looks good, and promising, but until (if) the aftermarket gets behind it, it will never have the success of the Arrma or TRX 8s vehicles. Is what it is. Congrats by the way!!👍🍻

Back