Big Rock Mistake in BR6s manual/exploded view

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
The exploded view states that the center diff is an LSD, while the front and rear are opened units. See first two reference photos below.

The owner’s manual shows that all three diffs are opened units. See third reference photo below.

I haven’t opened it up yet so I cannot confirm what has what. Either way, their technical data doesn’t line up.

Thoughts?

IMG_7615.jpeg

IMG_7616.jpeg

IMG_7614.jpeg

Last edited:
1701309866192.png

I'm willing to bet $100 those are not the only errors in the printed or online manual.

View attachment 334665

I'm willing to bet $100 those are not the only errors in the printed or online manual.
That’s what you get when one gives their technical publications to be done overseas. Quantity over quality.

I’m a technical writer. If Arrma paid me, and paid me well, I’d validate all their manuals.

The exploded view states that the center diff is an LSD, while the front and rear are opened units. See first two reference photos below.

The owner’s manual shows that all three diffs are opened units. See third reference photo below.

I haven’t opened it up yet so I cannot confirm what has what. Either way, their technical data doesn’t line up.

Thoughts?

View attachment 334653

View attachment 334654
View attachment 334655
No worries 🤷just drop some lipos and let it rip😁👍

No worries 🤷just drop some lipos and let it rip😁👍
You obviously don’t know me lol: I don’t let things like this slide.

Besides, Arrma has a reputation of being stingy with diff fluid so I’ll be opening them up regardless.

IMG_7640.png

Besides, Arrma has a reputation of being stingy with diff fluid so I’ll be opening them up regardless.

View attachment 334668
I don't blame you, i go through every diff first thing.

View attachment 334668
Oh wait 🤔Arrma puts diff fluid in diffs,I allways thought it was peanut oil 🤣🤣🤣

Thoughts?

View attachment 334653

View attachment 334654
View attachment 334655
Damn parts catalog writers messing up again 🤣 🤣 🤣

View attachment 334668
Actually you do let things slide ,they are called RC's 🤣🤣

So the manual is specific to the big rock? Or does it list other models as well? Maybe there is a exb coming down the pipe and the literature reflects.. 🤷.. either way it comes I guess they have you covered... 🤣🤣🤣

So the manual is specific to the big rock? Or does it list other models as well? Maybe there is a exb coming down the pipe and the literature reflects.. 🤷.. either way it comes I guess they have you covered... 🤣🤣🤣
Good point, some manuals do indeed include multiple models with the differences between them illustrated in their own sections.
I’ve always wished that Arrma would take the initiative to do this better. Team Associated, for example, basically provides an entire build manual even for their RTR’s.

Hopeful thinking but no. Manual is BR6s-specific.

This mistake would create a HUGE sh!tstorm in aviation. Endless meetings would take place. Person(s) responsible would fear for their position in the company. I know… I know… these are “toys” and not to be confused with multi-million dollar components. It’s the principle of it all. To someone in the tech writing/illustration industry, Arrma comes across as unprofessional and clumsy.

Hopeful thinking but no. Manual is BR6s-specific.

This mistake would create a HUGE sh!tstorm in aviation. Endless meetings would take place. Person(s) responsible would fear for their position in the company. I know… I know… these are “toys” and not to be confused with multi-million dollar components. It’s the principle of it all. To someone in the tech writing/illustration industry, Arrma comes across as unprofessional and clumsy.

🤣🤣🤣.. I know a few people in aviation, guess that's why they are always in meetings... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'll have to ask if they have arrma doing Thier technicals.. 🤣🤣🤣

Took her all apart. LSD just in the center. Front and rear are open units. Surprisingly the diff fluid levels were acceptable.

I ripped the two bulkhead-to-chassis gaskets during removal. Need to replace them. Very flimsy and delicate.

Also, folks on the assembly line forgot to install a flathead screw that attaches front bulkhead to the chassis. This is why I take things apart before running them. My trust issues are warranted. See pic further below.

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

How about the screws in the hinge pin retainer? Those missing too?

Took her all apart. LSD just in the center. Front and rear are open units. Surprisingly the diff fluid levels were acceptable.

I ripped the two bulkhead-to-chassis gaskets during removal. Need to replace them. Very flimsy and delicate.

Also, folks on the assembly line forgot to install a flathead screw that attaches front bulkhead to the chassis. This is why I take things apart before running them. My trust issues are warranted. See pic further below.

View attachment 336316

View attachment 336317
They do that for weight savings lol

How about the screws in the hinge pin retainer? Those missing too?
The three in the front portion? No, they were there. There are (3) 4mm up front and (2) 3mm in the rear that hold skid to chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back