Notorious How capable is the Notorious on 4s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Planning to get a Notorious whenever holiday deals come out and just curious about how capable it is on 4s. I've enjoyed running my Typhon on 4s with stock esc/motor and 24/46 gearing on grp's and am wondering if the Noto is similar in feeling powerful and capable even on 4s. I've seen many mention being able to do standing backflips/stunts on 4s so I'm wondering if keeping it lighter and running 4s would be enough for stunts/flips/etc? Figure it means easier to avoid breakage but I don't want it to be hard to control when sending it.

A quality 4S pack and optimal gearing/punch could make it capable of decent stunts, but the Firma 150 won't like the big MT tires and wide arm/hub centrifugal forces for long periods in high temps.

I ran mine yesterday on an old 6S Zeee(used strictly for testing) pack just to get it down to storage, was severely underwhelming. Couldn't imagine dropping 3-4Volts but I enjoy flick the front end to the moon power at any speed.

Last edited:
With a 17t pinion it can be backflipped but your batteries will heat up, been there done that. On 6s it's not a freak truck, it's pretty sane with a nice throttle curve.

I know this is an old thread,sorry!! I had a fully charged 4s 8000mah 100c left over from the last run on my Kraton 4s. I wanted to run the battery down so I strapped it in the NoTo and it ran great with no issues at all. Wheelies on command and everything, no complaints, and no hot temps.

Ive got a Notorious now and have bashed with it several times.
I filled the diffs with 30k/500k/20k when I got it. First couple of runs was on 6s with stock gearing to do stunts. Loads of power and easy wheelies, handled good, my problem was I had a not very good ramp, poor launch angle.

Decided to make it a ground basher until Im willing to spend the money for a KC ramp.

Have run it on 4s with a 16t pinion since then mostly with Backflip LPs and yesterday with an 18t pinion and Trencher LPs. doesn't wheelie at all with the Trencher LPs on 4s, very good over rough terrain.

I'm impressed with the truck, very good on 4s and 6s.

Yeah I was pretty impressed too. I got parts on warranty when I 1st got the v5 Noto last year. On my 1st run my center diff went up in smoke..lol.. Besides center diff Horizon even sent me a new ESC and drive shafts. I have 500k in the center 100k in the front and rear. I bash it pretty hard and no complaints besides normal wear and tear. Today was the 1st time I ran it on 4s and I was pretty happy with it..

Back