Notorious Brand new ,blown diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imo shudnt have to shim. Havnt even bashed yet only dirt rd driven. Second it was a bad bearing in the front. Third if this is so common wtf is horizon out of them for a month? ?
Well if you don't want to shim you will keep blowing diffs doesn't matter if you bash or just road drive. The torque alone from the motor pops them.Your bearing didn't blow the diff, the ring gear skipping like a stone on your pinion damaged the bearing trust me I have a whole tray of diff gears I blew from being like you and not shimming because "I shouldn't have to". When you get your FREE diffs from horizon make sure you shim them inside and out, so you might aswell order your shims now while you wait. Your choice though, just don't complain to us about horizon when you keep blowing diffs you won't get sympathy.An ps. most parts are backorder cuz of the v5 coming out, you wanna complain about backorders just talk to the EXB guys.

Well if you don't want to shim you will keep blowing diffs doesn't matter if you bash or just road drive. The torque alone from the motor pops them.Your bearing didn't blow the diff, the ring gear skipping like a stone on your pinion damaged the bearing trust me I have a whole tray of diff gears I blew from being like you and not shimming because "I shouldn't have to". When you get your FREE diffs from horizon make sure you shim them inside and out, so you might aswell order your shims now while you wait. Your choice though, just don't complain to us about horizon when you keep blowing diffs you won't get sympathy.An ps. most parts are backorder cuz of the v5 coming out, you wanna complain about backorders just talk to the EXB guys.
Fyi shims have been ordered. Also it does have a bad front output bearing from the factory . Shims have been ordered a week ago but that was usless since its atleast a month wait on diffs. Iv been into the hobby over 30 yrs. Im also a cert. mechanic.Back to the 6s slash on badlands. Atleast it don't let me down?????

Fyi shims have been ordered. Also it does have a bad front output bearing from the factory . Shims have been ordered a week ago but that was usless since its atleast a month wait on diffs. Iv been into the hobby over 30 yrs. Im also a cert. mechanic.Back to the 6s slash on badlands. Atleast it don't let me down?????
Being a mechanic and working on these is different but okay! Any who the bearing blew from the diff skipping, I can show you the mountain of gears I have to prove it. Bearings don't pop in a month unless you run your rig in water. If you knew your bearing was blown as you say why did you keep running it? Also if you have shims on order why did you keep running it without them? Just take your free diffs and quit complaining, have fun playing with your traxxass toy!

Being a mechanic and working on these is different but okay! Any who the bearing blew from the diff skipping, I can show you the mountain of gears I have to prove it. Bearings don't pop in a month unless you run your rig in water. If you knew your bearing was blown as you say why did you keep running it? Also if you have shims on order why did you keep running it without them? Just take your free diffs and quit complaining, have fun playing with your traxxass toy!
?

Think im guna pack the diffs with jb weld watcha think ?

It's amazing how much fanboys here !
No it's not normal to have to shim a brand new RTR, sorry, never shimmed any of my traxxas diffs and just blown one.
I have Arrma's and Traxxas rigs (12 in total), I love them both but common guy's you're forgiving to much to your beloved brand.
It's not.normal, Arrma has to adapt their production line, modify their design or whatever, but it's not acceptable at that price tag.
And imagine the effect of a new commer to the hobby... How disappointed he will be, and probably abandoning the hobby.
Same for crap radios, crap servos etc ..

It's amazing how much fanboys here !
No it's not normal to have to shim a brand new RTR, sorry, never shimmed any of my traxxas diffs and just blown one.
I have Arrma's and Traxxas rigs (12 in total), I love them both but common guy's you're forgiving to much to your beloved brand.
It's not.normal, Arrma has to adapt their production line, modify their design or whatever, but it's not acceptable at that price tag.
And imagine the effect of a new commer to the hobby... How disappointed he will be, and probably abandoning the hobby.
Same for crap radios, crap servos etc ..
LOL I'm not a "fanboy" by any means. No it's not normal to have to shim them, but it's something you have to do. It's 30 bucks and 2 hrs of your time to do them so not much to complain about. If "newbies" don't don't their research or think that "they shouldn't have to do that with an rtr" then they will blow their diffs like this guy. Yeah I spent 600+ plus for this rig but I don't mind spending 30 more to keep the diffs good, no different then rust checking your car. Wait till he bends his chassis the first time he will really cry!

READY TO RUN ... just saying..

When I buy a drone Ready to fly, nothing to do on it, it just fly.
A washing machine ? nothing !
A BMW ? Nothing !
A Traxxas ? Nothing ! (mechanically)
A Bike ? Nothing !
An Arrma ? yes, dismount your diffs, put your fingers on the grease, choose your shims event if you have no idea what the right play it should have...
I'm in the hobby for 3 years now, sorry, never shimmed my diffs, all went well.
After 3 packs on a flat road this guy blow up his diff and almost everyone here says ... it's normal ... everyone should know that you have to dismount your RTR before running 3 packs on a flat road. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Arrma Tough ?
Arrma do not bash, blast
Just send it !
yeah, but before, open your diffs ... Mwarf , what a joke !
It's like with the first cars, you had to grease all axles every 500 km ...
Yeah, well, but it was 100+ year ago. :cool:
Now, we should expect at 600$ that they can add 1$ check when building and adjust the shimming.... and the customers experience will be worth the cost and there will be way less people coming here complaining..
Do you see all those threads with people not having a great experience with "out of the box" Arrma's in this forum ?
Are they all stupids ?
The problem with reactions like this is that Arrma will not improve his products.
The problem is quite simple to solve, Arrma needs just to ADJUST THE TOLERANCES at the factory!

READY TO RUN ... just saying..

When I buy a drone Ready to fly, nothing to do on it, it just fly.
A washing machine ? nothing !
A BMW ? Nothing !
A Traxxas ? Nothing ! (mechanically)
A Bike ? Nothing !
An Arrma ? yes, dismount your diffs, put your fingers on the grease, choose your shims event if you have no idea what the right play it should have...
I'm in the hobby for 3 years now, sorry, never shimmed my diffs, all went well.
After 3 packs on a flat road this guy blow up his diff and almost everyone here says ... it's normal ... everyone should know that you have to dismount your RTR before running 3 packs on a flat road. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Arrma Tough ?
Arrma do not bash, blast
Just send it !
yeah, but before, open your diffs ... Mwarf , what a joke !
It's like with the first cars, you had to grease all axles every 500 km ...
Yeah, well, but it was 100+ year ago. :cool:
Now, we should expect at 600$ that they can add 1$ check when building and adjust the shimming.... and the customers experience will be worth the cost and there will be way less people coming here complaining..
Do you see all those threads with people not having a great experience with "out of the box" Arrma's in this forum ?
Are they all stupids ?
The problem with reactions like this is that Arrma will not improve his products.
The problem is quite simple to solve, Arrma needs just to ADJUST THE TOLERANCES at the factory!
Why are you even on this forum then if you don't like arrma and think it's poop? Just being a troll or what? It's a hobby, and 30 dollar shims get over it.

I love how everyone blames the consumer and not the company that actually designed and built the thing to their tolerances. I've never bought any other product and taken it apart to fix manufacturers mistakes before. Just got my exb diff running after 5 months.for me the problem isn't that it broke, instead horizon hobby not releasing parts for a half a year. Now that it is fixed its winter so another 6 months to wait. $1100 0% enjoyment. Sounds fair.

I kind of see both sides. The EXB rear diff was a huge letdown. The K8S V1 chassis and gearing was a letdown. Missing shims in any model is a letdown.

That said, I’ve never seen a company own up and correct as fast as Arrma. I’ve never seen a company innovate year over year like Arrma. While they have had a few goofs, overall I would say they are still top in class. Especially if price is factored.

All i was trying to say in this thread was my noto didnt last 30 seconds on 6s on a dirt road. One busted planetary one rear and pin.One stripped ring gear and two busted pins on front.This happened on gravel road. Yes it made a grinding clicking sound and in order for me to see what was going on, half throttle popped and i was done. Now a one month wait on new diffs on backorder. In the meantime i have all shims and pins for under $25. I currently building a diff for a backup so when horizon decides to send my new ones. I like arrma but i think ther diffs need to be changed at factory for 6s. Imo

If i pay over 500 for a rc. I shouldnt have to tear the diffs down to check clearances. You buy something brand new it should be rtr. This is my first arrma. Time to see what horizons warranty is of any count. Traxxas had very good warrany service with me.
Old post, but how does a 2 year warranty compare to a 30 day warranty. Laxass warr. is 30 days. Get it?

Old post, but how does a 2 year warranty compare to a 30 day warranty. Laxass warr. is 30 days. Get it?
Lifetime warranty on electronics with small fee. Iv also had 6 or 7 traxxas and only had one warranty claim. Not saying the never broke( due to my error) ?. Horizon is taking care of mine but seems like between the v5s coming out and same issue they cant keep the diffs in stock. RTR ready to repair ?. And no i wont buy another traxxas though.
I kind of see both sides. The EXB rear diff was a huge letdown. The K8S V1 chassis and gearing was a letdown. Missing shims in any model is a letdown.

That said, I’ve never seen a company own up and correct as fast as Arrma. I’ve never seen a company innovate year over year like Arrma. While they have had a few goofs, overall I would say they are still top in class. Especially if price is factored.
I do agree! ???

Why are you even on this forum then if you don't like arrma and think it's poop? Just being a troll or what? It's a hobby, and 30 dollar shims get over it.
I like ARRMA, I have Typhoon 6S and an Outcast 6S, I really do enjoy driving them, but I changed radios, servos and do not like the pivot balls etc.
I keep driving them because experience is different from other Traxxasses, Losi etc. and that it bring a smile on my face.
The difference is that I'm not a fanboy who find excuses for the brand even when it's clearly a big design mistake.
On Traxxas forums, I do not refrain saying when there are problems, trust me !
That's the difference between someone who do not think that the product/brand he bought is the better choice ever and should be the best ever and should suffer no critique ever.
Keep your eyes open, keep your brain thinking !
You don't owe ARRMA anything by purchasing their products, ARRMA doesn't need a white knight to defend its brand.
Enjoy RC !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back