Notorious Brand new Notorious...Direct from Horizon. What upgrades do I really need/want for this new version?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbx123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I just received my new Notorious. I see many threads about upgrades, but not sure what applies to the latest version. Is what I have version"V4"? I'm just playing around the house (Built a jump ramp) and an occasional construction site. I installed the TBR front bumper and ripped it off with a direct nose dive into the street. I'm glad I had it. I also put their rear wheelie bar bumper. WHAT ELSE IS RECOMMENDED.......THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Metal center braces, metal servo mount/better servo. Maybe get some rpm arms for in case or swap them and keep your stock ones for spares. rear wing arms would be handy too. I went all the way with mine though, m2c chassis and hinge pin blocks, ackerman bar, center braces, JBI wing mount, rpm arms, unbreakable body, max6/hobbystar 1480kv motor, and a 46t spur with a 24t pinion.

Metal center braces, metal servo mount/better servo. Maybe get some rpm arms for in case or swap them and keep your stock ones for spares. rear wing arms would be handy too. I went all the way with mine though, m2c chassis and hinge pin blocks, ackerman bar, center braces, JBI wing mount, rpm arms, unbreakable body, max6/hobbystar 1480kv motor, and a 46t spur with a 24t pinion.
Thanks for the response. For what I am doing, what you did is overkill for me. I guess I am looking for the most common items that people replace. I do not even know, is the latest version that I just got the V4 that people talk about?

Thanks for the response. For what I am doing, what you did is overkill for me. I guess I am looking for the most common items that people replace. I do not even know, is the latest version that I just got the V4 that people talk about?
Probably so. if the motor mount has the center that slides and shock caps aren't super short it's the newest version. I can't tell them apart other than that usually.
If you want to wake it up run at least 500k in the center diff. I run 1m in all of mine, and 60 front/30 rear. Look up Tekjo gaskets for arrma 6s diffs on ebay as well. they are a little thicker and hold up better.

Last edited:
I just received my new Notorious. I see many threads about upgrades, but not sure what applies to the latest version. Is what I have version"V4"? I'm just playing around the house (Built a jump ramp) and an occasional construction site. I installed the TBR front bumper and ripped it off with a direct nose dive into the street. I'm glad I had it. I also put their rear wheelie bar bumper. WHAT ELSE IS RECOMMENDED.......THANKS IN ADVANCE...
There isn’t a V4 of the Noto yet. Current version is a V3. You’ll want to get metal chassis braces for sure. Any are better than the plastic ones. Rubber sealed bearings, metal servo mount, stronger servo, and better radio are the most common immediate upgrades.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back