Notorious Brand new Notorious very hard to backflip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are top speeds the same between the two Notorious'? Possible you are actually running in reverse (going forward) and forward (in reverse) with the channel switch reversed and have the motor wires connected wrong (or motor rotation is backwards in the ESC).
This exact issue happened on my Kraton exb 1/8 with a castle system. Couldn’t figure out why I kept doing standing backflips in reverse and forward sucked !! I was stuck on stupid for about an hour…

Is
Hey guys. First post here. Great forum with tons of great info. I have searched for an answer but not found anything.

I am not a totally new to this hobby but this one has me stumped. If I just launch it normally off the ramp, I can not blip the throttle and backflip. Its rotation is so slow that it will only make it half way around and land on its top. Only way to flip it is to blip the throttle on the face of the jump.

Now, this is in nothing like my Kraton or my buddys Notorious. Both of these flip very easy with a throttle blip.

So, initially i thought it was a diff issue even though everything seemed to be functioning properly. I took out all three, inspected and changed the fluids to 60/500/30 like I have in my Kraton. Made zero difference. I upped the punch to 6 and that changed nothing in the air. noticeably more get up and go though.

Thought maybe it was the transmitter or something so I tried my DX3 also and that made no difference either. I then did a factory reset on the ESC after rebinding factory transmitter, also no change. Its not the batteries as they all work great in my Kraton and the other Notorious.

So I am out of ideas and was hoping maybe someone here has figured out a similar issue. Only thing I can figure is maybe the ESC or motor is bad. I am not real sure how to troubleshoot those two though. I do have a good multimeter and all that if anyone knows what to look for.

oh yea, I did calibrate the transmitter, Neutral forward and reverse. Several times actually, no difference.
Is this resolved now?

What was the issue and how did you resolves it..

Please share

Is

Is this resolved now?

What was the issue and how did you resolves it..

Please share

It is resolved now. 16 tooth pinion, punch on 8. Biggest difference was swapping the backflip tires for some wider amazon wheels. She will double and triple flip now on a decent size jump.

It blows my mind how different the Kraton and notorious handle with the only difference being a slightly longer chassis.

Back