Breathing California air.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Wife and I left scenic Vermont this morning to visit her family in Cali. North of San Francisco, near Tomales. It’s beautiful here, and we haven’t been here since like 2018. Lawson’s Landing, just down from Dillon Beach. Gonna jump on boats, do some fishing, eat some seafood, and drink some alcohol. Gonna be awesome.
But I miss my dog…

Wife and I left scenic Vermont this morning to visit her family in Cali. North of San Francisco, near Tomales. It’s beautiful here, and we haven’t been here since like 2018. Lawson’s Landing, just down from Dillon Beach. Gonna jump on boats, do some fishing, eat some seafood, and drink some alcohol. Gonna be awesome.
But I miss my dog…
Have fun man! Sounds like a good time!

But I miss my dog…
Northern Cali is so much nicer than the craphole that is Southern Cali with the exception of Frisco. It really is like two different states.
I hope to see a day when California is broken into two states.
Enjoy your time there.

I know san francisco is in a not so good place right now but for simple people like the wifey and I it was still a great time. We like to eat and there are tons of great places to eat at out there and sausalito :cool:

Have a great time Dan. Your dog is probably enjoying your house in solitude so he'll be fine. See if the ramen is cooked differently in the west. Don't think your aloud to breath there without a special permit though and it may cause cancer.

Just got back. Had a great time. Went out fishing one day 27 miles out in 8-10’ swells in a 20’ boat. I almost got sick for the first time ever on a boat. No tuna, but 25 cod between the three of us. All in all, a good day. And a good few days, meeting folks we haven’t seen in years.
And it’s good to be home. I missed my dog.

Just got back. Had a great time. Went out fishing one day 27 miles out in 8-10’ swells in a 20’ boat. I almost got sick for the first time ever on a boat. No tuna, but 25 cod between the three of us. All in all, a good day. And a good few days, meeting folks we haven’t seen in years.

Serious question of the day.
Did you open mouth kiss the dog?

Dog Kiss GIF by BuzzFeed

That's some huge swells for a boat that size and that far out!:eek: Glad you made it back and had a good time!

The coast is nice. Not too many people, lots of whales, sharks and seals. The beer is decent too.

Northern Cali is so much nicer than the craphole that is Southern Cali with the exception of Frisco. It really is like two different states.
I hope to see a day when California is broken into two states.
Enjoy your time there.

Maybe looks nicer and the weather is better. But we have no water, no police, 1/2 of it's always on fire and it's way more expensive. SoCal is much better and you are guaranteed at least two high speed chases a week.

That's some huge swells for a boat that size and that far out!:eek: Glad you made it back and had a good time!
You ain’t kidding. I was telling my wife about all the whales (which I lost count of) sea lions, seals, and dolphins and she asked if I took any pictures. My brother in law and I both laughed and said, “nope, we were too busy hanging on!” And that was absolutely true. It was exhausting. I practically collapsed when we got back. It was about 8 hours of pretty intense swells.

You ain’t kidding. I was telling my wife about all the whales (which I lost count of) sea lions, seals, and dolphins and she asked if I took any pictures. My brother in law and I both laughed and said, “nope, we were too busy hanging on!” And that was absolutely true. It was exhausting. I practically collapsed when we got back. It was about 8 hours of pretty intense swells.
Me and gf went out in New Smyrna Beach Jedi which leads to the Atlantic on a blustery day on my lil craigcat. On the way back in, the boat actually rode in on the top of a wave just like surfing. Paula was laughing the whole time but I was puckered.

Did you get sea sick? 🤢

Hate to say it but I'm a puker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back