Digital ATC Towers // Airport Control Towers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Nero
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta

I can see it as a benefit as a supplement to actual Air Traffic Control towers..

But to have these things Underground or Miles away from the actual airport.. I don't know if that's a good idea...

Cause as soon as power is lost (even for a couple of minutes**) or some sort of system glitch or cyber attack.. Then what?
How are air traffic controllers going see the airplaneS or "monitor" the surrounding traffic??

**Especially when there's Already planes on approach for landing
Or taking off...

I can see it as a benefit as a supplement to actual Air Traffic Control towers..

But to have these things Underground or Miles away from the actual airport.. I don't know if that's a good idea...

Cause as soon as power is lost (even for a couple of minutes**) or some sort of system glitch or cyber attack.. Then what?
How are air traffic controllers going see the airplaneS or "monitor" the surrounding traffic??

**Especially when there's Already planes on approach for landing
Or taking off...
Agreed. Even if the system works flawlessly there is no substitution for visual verification. Mistakes happen, and it’s really difficult to imagine that nobody would be on location to potentially circumvent a disaster.

What happens today if power is lost on a foggy day? The airline industry is pretty meticulous about contingencies. There's probably a checklist somewhere that gives you the steps to take if Abraham Lincoln materializes on the right wing and gets his beard caught in the flaps.

What happens today if power is lost on a foggy day? The airline industry is pretty meticulous about contingencies. There's probably a checklist somewhere that gives you the steps to take if Abraham Lincoln materializes on the right wing and gets his beard caught in the flaps.

I have no doubt.

Hopefully they're wise enough to use the A.i. that the Navy is using to auto-land on a carrier decks, in those X47B...

Then there'll be a little less worry about if planes can perform landing maneuvers -in Challenging environments.
Then it'll be okay of the control tower is located underground or elsewhere...
Maybe.

Back