Brushless question

Smtraub

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I have a slash 4x4 platinum that has a velineon vxl3s brushless system. My son runs the fury now and wants brushless in it. I am thinking about giving him the velineon system (motor and esc) and going with a different brushless system for the slash.

What would I need to change out on the fury if I did this? (Spur gear, pinion gear at minimum)

Suggestions and thoughts welcome!

MSgt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Raider
  3. Vorteks
To start off, I'd run the stock pinion/spur gears and see how it runs and adjust from there depending on the results. If it's a 2014 or newer Fury, it has plastic gears in the transmission, so at some point a BLX transmission will be in order. See: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/upgrade-mega-bls-plastic-transmission-to-blx-metal.596/

I put a BLX trans in my Fury with the new brushless motor. My son's Raider, I left the stock trans in it with a Castle 4600Kv, as kind of a science experiment to see how long it lives...lol

Southernfury85

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I'm still running all the stock gears in my fury after installing the castle creations sct combo, I did have to drill out and add a longer pin to the gear #310418

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    998.8 KB · Views: 7