Kraton Buggifying the Kraton...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iep

Reaction score
There are tons of threads about truggifying the Typhon, but none that I've seen about buggifying the Kraton.

Potentially this is simply because it's a daft idea but bear with me.

My mate has a Losi Lasernut along with all the usual reported problems. However, when it works, it's amazing. I think a lot of this is down to its wheelbase and width.

By my reckoning, if you were to use Mojave arms etc on a Kraton, you'd end up with very similar dimensions. Add a set of Mojave wheels and I think you'd be more or less there (maybe requiring a bit of body trimming).

What do people think?

rcdude 81 , he`s done the conversion you speak of , my kraton 6s exb , turned into a talion , and then a buggy , then a stretched buggy on typhon arms , never got round to trying mojave arms , cos i got another kraton instead , enjoy the conversion

Haha, yeah, if anyone has done it before then it would be rcdude81. I've become a bit of a fan of his videos. I did have a quick search on YouTube but didn't see a video. I'll take another look though.

Cheers.

rcdude 81 , he`s done the conversion you speak of , my kraton 6s exb , turned into a talion , and then a buggy , then a stretched buggy on typhon arms , never got round to trying mojave arms , cos i got another kraton instead , enjoy the conversion
Haven't been able to find that video. Did find the green hornet though (Typhon with Mojave arms). If you can recall how to find the Kraton/Mojave vid then if be keen to see it

Cheers.

So, I've got hold of some Mojave EXB arms, tie rods, hubs, steering rods, dog bones and CVDs.

The question is what else I'll find out I need as I convert it over. I gather some light dremelling of the rear arms might be needed to fit the non EXB chassis and I've heard mention of pins (not sure why though).

I'm most worried that I'll need a set of EXB shock towers to make it work.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Ohh, and because it'll have more or less the same proportions as the Lasernut (and despite having no shared components), I'm naming this thing the Krasernut.

So, I've got hold of some Mojave EXB arms, tie rods, hubs, steering rods, dog bones and CVDs.

The question is what else I'll find out I need as I convert it over. I gather some light dremelling of the rear arms might be needed to fit the non EXB chassis and I've heard mention of pins (not sure why though).

I'm most worried that I'll need a set of EXB shock towers to make it work.

Anyone got any thoughts?
Seems to me it's very easy to see what components are different by looking at the exploded views on the Arrma site just compare the part numbers. If you search the parts they even say what it's used on and what it's optional on.

Love the Lasernut, this is a cool idea. I lined mine up to the Kraton 6s and I think your on to something. The body might be a little narrow for the Arrma chassis though. Losi uses those offset front and rear diffs to keep it super skinny. Anything you want measured on the nut, let me know.

Ta for the feedback and offers of assistance.

In the first instance my plan was really just to figure out the chassis. I'll probably just use a cut down Kraton shell until I've figure out the kinks.

Waiting for the parts to turn up now so I can get into the details of it all.

Only immediate concern is that I have bought Mojave EXB parts instead of just Mojave. I now gather that simply installing Kraton EXB arms on an RTR Kraton is hassle enough.

Cheers.

In the first instance my plan was really just to figure out the chassis. I'll probably just use a cut down Kraton shell until I've figure out the kinks.

Only immediate concern is that I have bought Mojave EXB parts instead of just Mojave. I now gather that simply installing Kraton EXB arms on an RTR Kraton is hassle enough.

Cheers.
I believe you will need Mojave hexes and stubs too if all you bought was the shaft sections of the CVD and rear dogbones. If you bought complete CVDs and rear dogbones, then you just need the hexes as the stubs are included. You might want to look into the M2C hexes anyways as you can double nut the wheels. Mojave wheels have a penchant for flying off under power.

Cheers.
V5 Kraton arms are the same as the exb arms

V5 Kraton arms are the same as the exb arms
Good to know thanks. Unfortunately my Kraton is the older V4 version.

Any idea what issues I might face?

I believe you will need Mojave hexes and stubs too if all you bought was the shaft sections of the CVD and rear dogbones. If you bought complete CVDs and rear dogbones, then you just need the hexes as the stubs are included. You might want to look into the M2C hexes anyways as you can double nut the wheels. Mojave wheels have a penchant for flying off under power.
Thanks. I bought the parts either used or from RC breakers. So I have a bit of a mixture.

The fronts are full CVDs including stubs and hexes. The rears include the dog bones and the stubs but no hexes.

TBH, I'd not realised the Kraton hexs would be incompatible with the Mojave hubs. Every day is an expensive school day 😀.

Yes, the M2C hexes look great but their shipping rates to the UK are very high. Last I looked, they wanted ~$60 to ship the $45 Mojave hexs. It just makes them too expensive. As an FYI, I sorted my existing Mojave with some oversized £5 aftermarket serrated nuts that have been holding up really well.

Cheers.

Love the Lasernut, this is a cool idea. I lined mine up to the Kraton 6s and I think your on to something. The body might be a little narrow for the Arrma chassis though. Losi uses those offset front and rear diffs to keep it super skinny. Anything you want measured on the nut, let me know.
On the offer of measurements. It's be useful to know what ground clearance the Lasernut has including droop?

Thanks.

Getting quite excited about this wee project now. As my mate said, this will either be fantastic or simply result in a narrow Kraton that tips over a lot 😄

Last edited:
On the offer of measurements. It's be useful to know what ground clearance the Lasernut has including droop?
Heres a couple pics. On average it looks to be 2.375". Little higher in the front.

20210804_114414.jpg

20210804_114608.jpg

20210804_114559.jpg

20210804_114359.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back