Big Rock Build update and damage report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ransom 65

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Build update (and damage update lol)

-V3 big rock on stock arms, turnbuckles, and hubs.
-4s diffs 70k front/ 200k (with a dab of 70) rear
-steel 57 (whatever the stock 3s size is) spur
-2050kv 6s stock system
-21t pinion. Shreds the 22t today.
-stock plastic center drive shaft
-I think grp cvd drive shafts
-Stock shocks with extra spacer 70f/60r wt
-Traxxas slash heavier springs
-M2C motor mount and bash bar
-Amazon special skid plate (covered a hole in the chassis, exposed battery tray, and didn't wanna replace it cus I'm lazy)
-outcast roll bar
-holes front and rear and it actually works to help keep everything cool
-belted 2.8 tranchers
-today I ran lasernut wheels/tires and had great success
-35kg Amazon special (zoskay?🤔) servo
-stock servo saver smashed onto it cus who cares right?
-Typhon cheapo light kit
-ESC screw mount broke. Used the other one, taped it down and zip tied it. Wheels see how long that lasts.

Losi
-Amazon special shocks with 30wt (rear only) put stock springs on the new shocks
Cus I snapped one off and had to replace em.
-broke the front bumper
-bone stock. Haven't touched the diffs or even the ESC settings.

IMG_1830.jpeg

IMG_1829.jpeg

IMG_1831.jpeg

IMG_1824.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

IMG_1827.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

IMG_1836.jpeg

IMG_1832.jpeg

IMG_1833.jpeg

IMG_1834.jpeg

Nope. Definitely some speed crashes though. This is just my basher build. After building it though, I have been curious on what it's do top end 🤔 any guesses?
😂 good grief, that’s a lot of power for just busting around. A 4s system on an aerodynamic BR with street tires and less metal weight can do 100 mph.

😂 good grief, that’s a lot of power for just busting around. A 4s system on an aerodynamic BR with street tires and less metal weight can do 100 mph.
I thought about it. Maybe when I finally get around to replacing the chassis, I'll do a ground up speed rebuild.

But yeah, 6s is a little much. I really only use 4s and 3 if I run out of 4s batteries lol I'll try 6s more often, but I gotta stock up on parts cus I'm almost guaranteed to break stuff whenever I take it out. Not necessarily from the power, but from the pure speed and dramatic fashion I crash in. It's like an explosion every time 😂

I'm new to the Arrma trucks so forgive me for stupid questions lol.
I was looking into doing the t2t brace and trying to figure out what towers to use.. it looked like the 4s line was my only option that came with the t2t mount? I'm confused and have obviously missed something!
Mines the v3 big rock.. really just wanting the t2t for eye candy more then function admittedly 🤣
I love your truck man, its wild and looks like a hoot to run 😁

Edit- after much searching i now realize there is a kit for mounting the brace on the big rock. I thought folks were swapping towers from models that already had the mounts. Like the 4s trucks and the vorteks.... I now understand lol

Last edited:
I'm new to the Arrma trucks so forgive me for stupid questions lol.
I was looking into doing the t2t brace and trying to figure out what towers to use.. it looked like the 4s line was my only option that came with the t2t mount? I'm confused and have obviously missed something!
Mines the v3 big rock.. really just wanting the t2t for eye candy more then function admittedly 🤣
I love your truck man, its wild and looks like a hoot to run 😁

Edit- after much searching i now realize there is a kit for mounting the brace on the big rock. I thought folks were swapping towers from models that already had the mounts. Like the 4s trucks and the vorteks.... I now understand lol
No worries! When you get the brace fitted in, don't be alarmed by the mounts sliding up and down. It's common for people to fix something in there to keep 'em tight, like what I did with the tubing. I broke two mounts before putting tubing around the sliding end of the brace itself. For some reason I guess it was too aggressive and didn't have Anything to Cushing it. after zip tying some tube around that threaded piece, I haven't had problem since.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back