Big Rock Damage assessment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ransom 65

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Damage assessment 26, June 2023:
-Rear upper diff housing left the chat
-2 center drive shafts stripped
-Typhon wheels, done aaaand done'r
-1 Arrma CVD slider stripped clean
-Turnbuckle now identifies as a Bent-ley
-rear left shock bent? TBD
-Officially time to retire the body too

I have enough spare parts to build a kraton 4s...I'll do a ground up refresh on the big rock and build it closer to stock with the 3200kv (or maybe the other 2050kv) and 4s ESC. 6s is nuts and all the 3s parts can barely handle it lol goal is to build a 4s trophy rat. Should be plenty enough for the 3s arms and 3s aftermarket stuff to handle. I could build two of the same thing, but I want to have a little bit of diversity. Just a tad bit anyways lol

I'll transfer the 2050kv and 150a into the kraton 4s chassis along with the skid plates
IMG_1948.jpeg
and bash bar. The kraton will get a metal center driver shaft, axles, new shocks, and probably stock everything else. Suggestions? What else needs to be upgraded?

IMG_1949.jpeg

IMG_1950.jpeg

IMG_1952.jpeg

IMG_1953.jpeg

IMG_1954.jpeg

IMG_1955.jpeg

IMG_1957.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

IMG_1960.jpeg

IMG_1961.jpeg

IMG_1962.jpeg

IMG_1963.jpeg

IMG_1964.jpeg

It looks to me a 6S is what is needed from your style of beat down on a 3S....just does not have the durability to this level, and the 6S platform has a better start for building strength.

Spend on my friend $$$$$ enjoy (y)

He just need some heavy duty 3D printed Hood and Roof skids ,that should give that body a bit more protection for next Extreme Bash! 🤣

Just FYI, my co-worker has 9 rigs and uses Monster tape and black spray Flexseal on the bodies. It really seems to hold up well. He gave me his old Bug body for my Senton, and I've beat the crap outta it, and still no rips. Less work than drywall tape and Shoe Goo.

Kinda surprised it was able to handle 6s that well.
I mean, I guess it depends on your interpretation of "handling it" 😅

Under normal driving conditions, with an operator that isn't half bad, I'm sure it'd handle it a lot better.

With me behind the wheel...no bueno. It's actually not all that broke though. Waiting on some parts, but it should be back together within an hour or so.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back