Kraton Bumper in rear help? Or not needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Hey guys

I noticed a lot of people using bumpers in the rear of the 8th scales

I have a couple T bone bumpers but I noticed they attach to the diff
Wondering if this good

And in general what do you guys think about using a rear bumper

I'm not a fan, I say not needed. Maybe if you are building a car for hardcore jumping then it makes sense.
I do plan on doing some jumping with some of my rigs

Not jumping to hardcore yet but I am looking to find a spot where I can send them pretty good!

I uses the rpm front bumper as a rear bumper 🙃
DSC_2902.JPG

I uses the rpm front bumper as a rear bumper 🙃
View attachment 218507
I did the opposite🤣🤣 I had bought the rpm bumper to try and use as a wheelie bar on my mt410..didn't work out. Then bought the kexb on that sale HH had last year.
So had the rpm laying around and decided to put it on..hmm can I put the stock bumper on the back? Yup🤣🤣 I did it primarily to serve as a skid plate but it helps protect the rear shocks and swaybars when my bro slams into the back of me when we're "racing"👍🍻 works a treat IMO.

I did the opposite🤣🤣 I had bought the rpm bumper to try and use as a wheelie bar on my mt410..didn't work out. Then bought the kexb on that sale HH had last year.
So had the rpm laying around and decided to put it on..hmm can I put the stock bumper on the back? Yup🤣🤣 I did it primarily to serve as a skid plate but it helps protect the rear shocks and swaybars when my bro slams into the back of me when we're "racing"👍🍻 works a treat IMO.
Yeah i been thinking about this too, got 2 ex Kraton bumper and the one from exp outcast to try out the idea 🤣🤣

Got the idea from Msdn in here, he guide me a lot ☺️ really a god dude.
But i think it's doing it great, it's been on my Kraton from day one
Nice! I lost the hinge pin retainer that goes with it so can’t throw it up front. Did the stock rear retainer work with the bumper?

Skid plate is pretty good, yes!

Also scorched makes a titanium one that will spark. That is what I would buy next if I used skid plates anymore.
Was wondering if the skid plates add protection to anything but the chassis
...Like diffs ect
I used RPM front bumper with stock spring and block cover, Arrma bumper on the rear is attached through diff mount screws.
Thank you

This is one of my concerns the bumper mounting through diff mount screws

Wondering if this could cause more stress or damage on the diffs
No bumper but get a @3d-rc.myshopify.com Wing mount, its a must have.

3DRC Site
Definitely
3d wing mount is a must!!
It actually provides cushion and bounce when cartwheelng and crashing 😂😂

Last edited:
This is one of my concerns the bumper mounting through diff mount screws

Wondering if this could
Definitely a possibility that it could rip the screws right out with enough force applied. Or perhaps the screws might pull through the skid plate, IDK? Diff cases are cheap enough to buy, but most likely that would end my bashing for the day🤣

Definitely a possibility that it could rip the screws right out with enough force applied. Or perhaps the screws might pull through the skid plate, IDK? Diff cases are cheap enough to buy, but most likely that would end my bashing for the day🤣
Yeah
Diff case is not that expensive
Probably going to try tbone on one of my rigs and see what happens
Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back