Talion Buyers remorse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you consider a roller or something used? Lots of options there. I put my eb48.2 together for $250 and it is the best buggy I ever drove. Get a used eb48 (or roller if you have electrics) and use the money left over to go out to dinner with your wife. Win win...

I know what I’m doing next year...those losi Black Friday deals were some real money savers.

I'm going to jump in here, even if it's a little late. With $1000 budget, build a tekno mt410! Surprised every one went truggy over the mt.

I’m back in after a 25 year hiatus. No local LHS, so going Amazon all the way. They seem to have everything I need so far and you can’t beat there return policy. Current going with a 3s Senton to start and need absolutely everything else. Tools, chargers, batteries, etc. I have been Lurking here to learn all I can on the latest bits and will be back with some questions.

OMG. Decisions have already been made, unless you're FedEx. From evening on the 6th to a possible date of the 10th by the end of the day. Sounds good. ?

I buy most of the rc stuff on Amainhobbies, they usually have coupons and I don't get slammed with the silly Tower Hobbies sales tax.

Of course, Ebay, and take advantage of multiple shipping discount.

M2C and HR upgrades, if they exist, then its a good reason to buy whatever particular rc of choice.

I'm going to jump in here, even if it's a little late. With $1000 budget, build a tekno mt410! Surprised every one went truggy over the mt.
Just like this....??
20191115_220347.jpg

Honestly im trying to do both. I want a new rig (Sorry. Probably won't be Arrma) and want to do some minor upgrades to my talion. Im kinda just stuck on how far to go either way. Yes money is an issue but the wife says I deserve this but I need to do my research first. Let's just say I have a grand to play with. What would you do?
I would by a Infraction and a ton of lipos, man you only go round once, I'm 75, and still kicken it with RC, Just do it and not regret it later!

Yep my lhs guy is badass, he usually has everything in stock, and if they don't, he says "I'll have it by Friday". Even if you didn't request he order it for you, he just knows who supports him, and what cars they have. If ordering on Amazon (I live in WA), I'll try to find the part thru the seller 'Hobby etc.', they have longer ship times than Amazon Prime, but they've always gotten out my order freakishly fast, and it shows up usually a day or two sooner than expected. That way I don't have to worry about sales tax.? Jenny's though is the place to beat for cost if you're not looking for just that one special part, but stocking up on things like plastics & diffs.
Wait, how the hell are you not paying sales tax?

Wait, how the hell are you not paying sales tax?

Come to think of it, I think sometimes Amazon charges us tax, and sometimes does not - depends on the seller. If it’s Prime out of their warehouse, they do for sure.
I’m in WA as well.

Also, if you slap the Arrma 6s system in the Tekno Truggy, is it crazy fast? I just watched a few Tekno video’s on YT and holy $%+*# a few of them hall balls! But they wern’t Arrma systems.

Come to think of it, I think sometimes Amazon charges us tax, and sometimes does not - depends on the seller. If it’s Prime out of their warehouse, they do for sure.
I’m in WA as well.

Also, if you slap the Arrma 6s system in the Tekno Truggy, is it crazy fast? I just watched a few Tekno video’s on YT and holy $%+*# a few of them hall balls! But they wern’t Arrma systems.
Exactly. If it's stored in the WA Amazon facility you get taxed, but if it's just a seller thru Amazon without a WA presence you don't. Just wish they would charge sales tax based on your location, as my county is the lowest in the state. ?

Exactly. If it's stored in the WA Amazon facility you get taxed, but if it's just a seller thru Amazon without a WA presence you don't. Just wish they would charge sales tax based on your location, as my county is the lowest in the state. ?

Thankfully my business is In Oregon. It’s easier to just have everything delivered to my work. No tax, wife doesn’t see all the packages, don’t have to give out gate code, works out great. :)

You have to look at more than the initial purchase price. My LHS submits warranty for me and does all my soldering. I'll gladly pay an extra $20 to have another layer of support. If money is that tight, find another hobby.

Yeah this is a tough one. But, having a good hobby shop has saved me a bunch of money. I never had to buy a soldering iron, or half the tools I need. I bring in my vehicle and they gladly help me and usually they skim a little off the price when I buy parts because they are just good like that.

Sometimes they just let me fix it with tools of theirs and ignore me while helping other customers, if it’s something I can handle without help (which is %99 of the time)

This is a big help since I have limited room in my apartment right now. No bench, tools, etc.

Odd. When living in WA I got charged tax at just about every retailer online. Even one who didn’t look like they did, it politely sent you something for your taxes at the end of the year since WA has required sales tax to be charged online or not and facility in state or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back