Talion Buyers remorse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to look at more than the initial purchase price. My LHS submits warranty for me and does all my soldering. I'll gladly pay an extra $20 to have another layer of support. If money is that tight, find another hobby.
That’s fantastic that you don’t have too many bills to pay but dude, a lot of people don’t even have a shop near them, and also many of us can solder ourselves and just use the manufacturers warranty. You have a great thing, trust me, but not all shops are that nice. What I can say is I’ve been balling on a budget for the 2 decades I’ve been in radio control lol.

You have to look at more than the initial purchase price. My LHS submits warranty for me and does all my soldering. I'll gladly pay an extra $20 to have another layer of support. If money is that tight, find another hobby.
yeah my LHS doesn't offer any of that they are a small store in a stip mall probably 700 sq ft run by monster energy drink rednecks and i got a 3 year warranty through amazon for like $15.. unfortunately i live about an 1 1/2 hrs in all directions from any sort of large town with hobby shops (horses and cows rural area)

That’s a pretty crappy thing to say to someone. We are in this hobby together, regardless if they can afford an extra 20 dollars or not. You don’t have the right to tell someone to just drop a hobby they enjoy ?This isn’t just your hobby. ????

That’s fantastic that you don’t have too many bills to pay but dude, a lot of people don’t even have a shop near them, and also many of us can solder ourselves and just use the manufacturers warranty. You have a great thing, trust me, but not all shops are that nice. What I can say is I’ve been balling on a budget for the 2 decades I’ve been in radio control lol.
I use the manufacturers warranty as well I just don't have to make the call and deal with all the bullsh!t. They've also gotten stuff warrantied that I would never have if I had called. That alone has saved me over $300. And I could solder too if I had too. But I don't. Didn't have to pay for a soldering gun or solder. It works for me ? At the end of the day you do what you have to do. I'm just saying that if possible, try to support your LHS.
That’s a pretty crappy thing to say to someone. We are in this hobby together, regardless if they can afford an extra 20 dollars or not. You don’t have the right to tell someone to just drop a hobby they enjoy ?This isn’t just your hobby. ????
I enjoy Ferraris but unfortunately I can't afford them. Sorry you got all bent out of shape.

I use the manufacturers warranty as well I just don't have to make the call and deal with all the bullsh!t. They've also gotten stuff warrantied that I would never have if I had called. That alone has saved me over $300. And I could solder too if I had too. But I don't. Didn't have to pay for a soldering gun or solder. It works for me ? At the end of the day you do what you have to do. I'm just saying that if possible, try to support your LHS.

I enjoy Ferraris but unfortunately I can't afford them. Sorry you got all bent out of shape.
I agree 1000% and I support your decision to support your shop. Those guys are grinding to keep the doors open.

I love my local store. I can honestly say they have always looked out for me. I tell them what parts they should carry and they are on the next truck. I can call them and tell them what I need and they will pull the parts for me and have them at the front door. Best of all put a kraton 8s on hold for me until they heard if I wanted it or not. They are like family.

Another good thing about supporting the LHS is whenever you have projects and you're unclear whether a particular body or tire will work, you can stand in the aisles with your measuring tape and see for yourself. Heck, I've even dragged one of my cars into the hobby shop, plunked it down on the counter and then started holding bodies and tires up against it. The other day I was curious as to how the Infraction stacked up against a Mojave. My LHS pulled out both and let me line them up nose-to-nose on the counter. Nice!

I have no remorses :LOL: , I can buy in my country, or any in EU for the big things if the price is ok for me. I buy spares from France, UK, Finland, US, Germany, China..no problem. My LHS only sell FTX cars and out of mugen he doesn't even know Tekno, his shop is as small as a garage for one car. I buy spares on ebay also or directly from the shop if the shipping cost is ok. I also use ebay for used rollers or restoration projects.

I repair my cars by myself, and never needed to use warranty so far excepted for the Hobao hyper MT sport plus (bought in UK), and Hobao taiwan did a really great job and sent me almost all the upgraded parts, and there were a tons of parts :LOL:

what are tekno +2mm hexes? Are they wheel adapters?
BTW totally going to build that rig

Yep, you will need those to run the Backflips. You’re gonna love it!
Will it be suitable for bashing out in the sticks or just groomed tracks

It will be good anywhere. Even the track if you decide to try it out.

Search Seth Holtz on YouTube and watch some of his videos. He’s kinda paved the way for the Tekno basher. Check Tekno Forums too. @WoodiE runs that one as well.

You will not be disappointed with the tekno. I have the et48.3 it’s a friggin beast with minor upgrades. It’s hard to imagine but until you build one and just watch in person someone else driving one it’s night and day compared to rtr Rc’s

That's what I'm hoping for. Every rc I've owed to date are all RTRs. I mean they're great and all. Nice and shiny but this already feels better. It will be my first build and I'm stoked that you guys are supportive

He's just speaking a truth that many people will deny exists. Hobby grade rc's can get really expensive, and many new owners that buy into them, have no idea just how much it might cost to keep one going. Giving new and potential owner's a better understanding, is actually a very smart thing. No one wants to invest hundreds or even close to a thousand dollars on something new, only to find out that they can't afford the upkeep and maintenance it requires. It hurts way less to find out you can't afford something, compared to investing every last cent you have, and then realize that you'll be indebted to it forever, or worse, have to shelve it and walk away. He has also helped many with his generosity and his overall contribution to the hobby, so he has every right to speak what he feels is the truth.

There's no denying it's expensive. I think the gripe here is the way everything was said.
He's tough on the outside, but soft and mushy on the inside. Can't beat that combo.???

Oh almost forgot to post this. I blamed all my orders pob my wife...lol.

Attachments

• 20191205_154504.jpg
    20191205_154504.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 87
Honestly im trying to do both. I want a new rig (Sorry. Probably won't be Arrma) and want to do some minor upgrades to my talion. Im kinda just stuck on how far to go either way. Yes money is an issue but the wife says I deserve this but I need to do my research first. Let's just say I have a grand to play with. What would you do?
Xlx esc, Tp power 4070??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back