Big Rock Arrma nero clutch gear experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I have been eating the brass sleeve/bushing on my arrma nero bigrock ever since i bough it and took it apart. I have eaten 3 gears so far who have costed me 25-30$ each because you cannot buy the bushing alone. I have to buy the whole gear. Whats causing the problem that the previous owners who never serviced the truck but abused the crap of it never had? I have read in the forum posts that it could be because of the gearmesh being too close and that the mesh should be looser than other trucks. But that doesn't seem to be doing anything.. my Nero has expended the hole by 0.2mm so the gear moves quite a bit and is not centered into the shaft. But the shim behind it didnt make its bed inside the bushing like on the picture bellow but the hole being bored makes the gear Likely on its way out. To remedy this and to stop gambling my money away on new explications on theories i have decided to try and buy bearings the size of the bushing... and i was able to find them. 6x13x5 flanged bearing. Press fitted no problem in my vice. I think the issue should be permenently fixed from now on.
20240128_193518.jpg
20240128_193541.jpg
20240128_193554.jpg

20240128_193610.jpg
20240128_193604.jpg

This was one pack with a new gear on my bigrock
20240128_193448.jpg
20240128_193455.jpg

Last edited:
I have been eating the brass sleeve/bushing on my arrma nero bigrock ever since i bough it and took it apart. I have eaten so 3 gears so far who have costed me 25-30$ each because you cannot buy the bushing alone. I have to buy the whole gear. Whats causing the problem that the previous owners who never serviced the truck but abused the crap of it never had? I have read in the forum posts that it could be because of the gearmesh being too close and that the mesh should be looser than other trucks. But that doesn't seem to be doing anything.. my Nero has expended the hole by 0.2mm but it. But the shim behind it didnt make its bed inside the bushing but the hole being bored makes the gear on its way out. To remedy this and to stop gambling my money away on new explications on theories i have decided to try and buy bearings the size of the bushing... and i was able to find them. 6x13x5 flanged bearing. Press fitted no problem in my vice. I think the issue should be permenently fixed from now on. View attachment 345396View attachment 345397View attachment 345398
View attachment 345404View attachment 345406
This was one pack with a new gear on my bigrock
View attachment 345407View attachment 345408
This may work, but for a short period of time. A flanged bearing is not made for a compression load. You would need a thrust bearing for this application.

This may work, but for a short period of time. A flanged bearing is not made for a compression load. You would need a thrust bearing for this application.
Flanged thrust bearing?

The arrma 3s gears use a Flanged bearing to do the same thing Never changed those bearings because they always spun free and smooth even with the dust of death. Its cheaper to replace also the gear is press fitted in. The pressure is on the whole outter race of the bearing and the flange is just to not press fit it too far inside the gear. I don't think the pressure is that crazy high than the flange will snap off or something. Brass/bronze is softer than steel. Correct me if im wrong
I did found this during my search on sleeves
1185376C-69BF-42F5-8E09-12968FB3C461.png

Last edited:
Back